Laptop under 72K, Suggestions needed!

Yes, it is terrible now. back then it was awesome :p

main problem is

-RGB LED display

-nVidia GC

-no optimus, i7 proccy.

I have used Both 6- Cell and 9-Cell and side with RS4..

The 9-Cell is very uncomfortable on Lap and for me, it increased the temperatures to as high as 100 on Idle..

Go for 6-Cell..

I get 2.5 hrs on Basic usagee and 1 hr on Gaming

teja92 said:
The 9-Cell is very uncomfortable on Lap and for me, it increased the temperatures to as high as 100 on Idle..

Are you sure about this ?

How 9-cell battery can increase temp ? It should decrease it, as due to elevation, more air flows

RS4 said:
Doesnt the 9 cell battery add a irritating bump to the laptop?

True, thats why I didnt go for 9 cell. Anyways it will be plugged to the power supply most of the times.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I mentioned the budget as 72K max, not exactly 72K. :)

max_demon said:
ditto what i was thinking.. OP could suggust 70k +/- 2k but exactly 72k :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

avi said:
Hope my review helps you :

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/dell-xps-l501x-180673.html

add 9 cell batteries to your config.

I have already gone through this when you posted it, nice review. Thank you!

avi said:
Are you sure about this ?

How 9-cell battery can increase temp ? It should decrease it, as due to elevation, more air flows

I am so sure as DELL has sent me a 9-cell for testing with my laptop as a solution to my problems..

It then went to 100 Degrees on Idle(With CPU meter gadget on) while on a level table..

On lap it shut down in 2 min...

avi said:
No, gives me good elevation while typing. Or may be just me :p

I don't know about new configs, I get around approx 2 hours on movies & 3 hours on normal usage. If one would go with 6 cell, then imagine the battery life :eek:hyeah:
with 6 cell battery i get 1 hour watching movies, and 2 hrs on normal usage.

battery time is its biggest disadvantage.....................

Well, around 70k, you'll get a decent machine with decent configurations. If you are looking for a gaming laptop, consider MSI GT683. The MSI GT683 is currently one of the best gaming laptop around, considering its overall configuration and price.

Its complete specs are available at the following link:MSI Global ? Notebook - GT683

It has 15.6" diagonal display with option for (1366x768) or definitely to go around this price (1920x1080). Its weight is 3.5K. Priced around 74k.

Only if you havn't bought Dell yet :p

^

Not worth the hassle IMO. And it does not seem like devilnearth is a hardcore gamer so it is not a better deal. Also the Full HD screen on MSI laptops is amongst the worst.

Back