Laptop Under 65k....Help Please

sensatul

Disciple
Hi there..want to buy a laptop under 65k

Preferences: Full HD screen, Backlit Keyboard, i5 or i7, Good GPU

Right now have shorlisted VAIO CB series. Have not decided about dell yet since they are lil bulky then sony and the almost same config in XPS costs more.

Also is AMD 6630 good enuf??
Any suggestion will be appreciated.

+1 to vicky says !!
but if you want VFM better to go with sony Vaio at 53K with almost the same config + you can extend the warranty too.....btw 6630 is a good gfx....based on what are your needs?

which games you gonna play ?

Although I dont own either of them, I have seen Dell xps in croma and it has an awesome screen..I would have gone for Dell for the FHD screen and JBL speakers alone..

My friends who are not techies visit my place for party and stuff and when they ask me to play songs.

One play of Stairway to heaven on those JBL and the next question that pops up how much you got this lappy for .

Thanks all for the reply..

Well lot of recommendations for Dell.

But if we see the only diff between Sony and Dell is just the JBL speakers rest is almost the same. So how justified is to pay 11000 more just for speakers. I mean i can buy good set of speakers in that amount(Offcourse i cannot carry them around but still), also most of the time is use earphones so it doesnt matters much.

How AMD 6630 is comparable to NVIDIA 540.

Any diff in build quality?? and battery life...??

@swapyworld: I will not be playing much but will be playing Hot pursuit, COD MW3...plus i want the GPU to handle the future games for atleast 2 yrs(if not at full settings but at decent playable settings)

^

Keep in mind the laptop above ships from USA. If you are okay with that and there is no additional charges to be paid once the item reaches India then its a fantastic buy :)

Dell 1080p screen kicks all other screens in this budget . There is no comparison and its way better than others.

I think 540M is a better GFX , you can confirm this on notebookcheck , Also the 3 year warranty is a great deal .

xtremevicky said:
Dell 1080p screen kicks all other screens in this budget . There is no comparison and its way better than others.

I think 540M is a better GFX , you can confirm this on notebookcheck , Also the 3 year warranty is a great deal .

+1
10 chars

Ok So i rebuild my order at dell this time wid core i7 2620, Full HD, Backlit KB, 1yr Warranty it came around 66,271.461..

Now anybody knows wats the max disc i can get as an employee of TCS..i talked to dell they are providing me 5%..any chance of getting more than that??

Jugga is saying right...instead take 3 year warranty package and replace i7 with i5 if possible !!
if you have any friend from dell....then u might get upto 12% off :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

1. as jugga said, you can replace i7 with i5 and buy 3 years warranty package
2. About asus, even though it metnions global warranty try and get reply from seller about the same, if it is then it is definitely a still :)
3. About discount, only dell employess get upto 12% discount and students...no one else !!

Get 5 % discount + freebies . Like Bag , mouse , Bluetooth headset . Be patient . Talk to him properly but dont let it go.

Hope this helps :)

dasgupta_arup said:
Compare NVidia/AMD Graphics Card Benchmarks and GPUs

QUOTE:

The AMD Radeon HD 6630M is expected to perform faster than the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 540M by 0.4%.

so the vaio at 10~11k less is real vfm and as you can see the cards are neck-to-neck

No man, the quote about the comparison of gt540 and 6630 is wrong. GT540 is faster and better than 6630, although marginally, say 5% or 10% or so. You'll get 5 to 10 fps difference easily. But to be very true, it won't offer you any "edge" for which you're ready to shell out 11k more. For Vaio details check out my review in my signature.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion guys.

Now its between Sony and Dell. I dropped the plan for Asus since its gonna shipped from US and if the piece gets damaged in transit then it will be huge pain for me to get it replaced.

Sony is VFM but the recommendation from most of you is Dell.

I will go for Dell if i get some good discount if not than Sony it is.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

JuGGa said:
No man, the quote about the comparison of gt540 and 6630 is wrong. GT540 is faster and better than 6630, although marginally, say 5% or 10% or so. You'll get 5 to 10 fps difference easily. But to be very true, it won't offer you any "edge" for which you're ready to shell out 11k more. For Vaio details check out my review in my signature.

Hmmm I thought so...according to notebookcheck 540M is better but i read somewhere that 6630 cud be overclocked to some extent so the performance cud be same to 540M.

6630 is an underclocked version of 6650, which is just behind 540m. Of course you can O'clk 6630 to race it to match 540m. So basically, overclocking 6630 makes it 6650.

sensatul said:
Thanks a lot for the suggestion guys.

Now its between Sony and Dell. I dropped the plan for Asus since its gonna shipped from US and if the piece gets damaged in transit then it will be huge pain for me to get it replaced.

Sony is VFM but the recommendation from most of you is Dell.

Go for sony vaio+ 2yrs extended warranty, you can get 3-5% off on MRP on vaio laptops and the extended warranty will cost just 2.5k

Back