Laptops Laptop screen brightness Problem, gets to maximum when power supply interrupted

raksrules

Elite
So i have this MSI netbook which i have kept ON 24/7 at home and connected to internet. The problem is that in my area, sometimes there is load shedding so the electricity is not available for couple of hours or sometimes extended period like 5-6 Hours. Now this usually happens when i am not at home so if there is no electricity for few hours then there is a risk of laptop shutting down.
Now one thing that can prevent this from happening is the brightness, if that is kept to minimum then the battery will keep the laptop on for longer time.

Coming to the problem, the laptop has hardware brightness control keys (Fn+ down and up arrows) and that is how I control brightness. I always keep it to lowest setting even when electricity is there.
But if by some reason the electricity is cut off or i shut off the power to laptop, its screen brightness changes to maximum. Now if i even resume the power, the brightness still remains at maximum. So this will eat more battery when mains are not available. I do not want the brightness to change irrespective of whether it is on battery or mains power, i want it minimum always.

Any way to fix this ?

I am using MSI 14" Screen netbook with windows XP installed, if that helps.

Did you check power settings? Access control panel -> power options and check which profile is selected by default. Change the screen brightness of the selected profile and save the changes. See if that fixes your problem!

There are 2 brightness settings for when its plugged in and on battery, you need to adjust both. You can access the brightness settings by visiting the power plan in the control panel like above ^^, or clicking the battery icon in the systray and clicking adjust screen brightness, or just pull the plug and use the Fn key to adjust the brightness and it will save the setting.

Back