Laptops Laptop range between 25000 - 30000

solanky

Disciple
What's your Budget?
25000 ~ 30000

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
Internet Surfing, Office Applications, Programming (Rare)

What size and weight considerations do you have?
Not an issue.

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
Brand only with good support ( Dell/HP/Lenovo/Compaq)

Any other considerations?
I never play games so Core 2 Duo is not compulsory. I can compromise on speed but I want good build quality, it should be reliable for at least 3-4 years. I don't want netbooks.

So far I have got quote for -
Dell Vostro A840 ( Dual Core ) Rs. 29500 with Vista Home, Rs. 28500 DOS
HP 550 (Core 2 Duo) Rs. 29500 DOS
If there are other options please let me know or tell me which is better between these two.

Thanks in advance.

I have got one more quote as following for Rs. 27000

Specifications
Model
• Compaq Presario CQ40-133TU
• HP Imprint Gloss Finish

Microprocessor
• Intel Celeron Mobile Processor 575
(2 GHz)
• Enhanced SpeedStep Technology
• 667 MHz Front-side Bus Speed

Cache Memory
• 1 MB Integrated L2 advanced transfer cache

Chipset
• Intel GL40 Express Chipset

Memory
• 1 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 (667 MHz)
• 2 SODIMM Slots (Expandable to 4 GB** with discard)

Hard Drive
• 160 GB Serial ATA
• 150 MB/sec @ 5400 RPM

SuperMulti DVD Writer
• 8X Double Layer (8.5GB)
• DVD+RW/+R Writer
• DVD : 8X + write; 4X + re-write; 8X read
• DVD+R DL : 4X read; 2.4X write
• CD : 24X write; 16X re-write; 24X read max speed
• DVD-RAM : 5X read and write

Video Graphics
• Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500M
• Up to 128 MB DVMT 5.0

Widescreen Display
• 14.1†Widescreen Colour TFT
• Diagonal Size – 14.1†(35.8 cm)
• 1280 x 768 WXGA
• 16:10 Aspect Ratio
• BrightView™ Screen

Speakers
• Altec Lansing Stereo Speakers

the dell vostro is a better deal with c2d processor!!

hp has the worst after sale service

15 days ur notebook will be with them and that even change the motherboards later.

while only dell gives u on site warranty

go for dell bhai!!

Praks said:
Check out Acer 4530

gcbeldar said:
acer 4736, dc-2ghz, x4500gpu, 2gb, 320, 14", webcam, bt, cr, dvdwr, @30200max-vfm with xp driver ready

Thanks for advice but I have heard that Acer quality and service is too bad. My cousin has also purchased an acer laptop 1 year back and his screen has been replaced two times, now the laptop is out of warranty and he is not able to get repaired it since one month.

connect said:
the dell vostro is a better deal with c2d processor!!
hp has the worst after sale service
15 days ur notebook will be with them and that even change the motherboards later.
while only dell gives u on site warranty
go for dell bhai!!

You are right but in recent time I have heard (on TechEnclave also) that in India Dell service is not that great and HP is better. Besides that HP build quality is said to be better but I am not sure? Can anybody compare Dell & HP build quality & durability.

solanky said:
You are right but in recent time I have heard (on TechEnclave also) that in India Dell service is not that great and HP is better. Besides that HP build quality is said to be better but I am not sure? Can anybody compare Dell & HP build quality & durability.

well, hp's build seems to be reasonably solid. build is usually equal, but the finish at times make it more attractive.
service in case of hp is certainly poorer than dell. u dont get the service onsite. that is one major issue.

bitsandpieces said:
well, hp's build seems to be reasonably solid. build is usually equal, but the finish at times make it more attractive.
service in case of hp is certainly poorer than dell. u dont get the service onsite. that is one major issue.

I think Dell onsite service is only for commercial organisations, at home one has to pay in advance for On site support. Am I right?

Finally I have purchased HP 550 for Rs. 28750. It is Core 2 Duo T5670 (1.8 GHz), 1 GB Ram, 160 GB HDD. DVD Writer etc. The best thing is that Ubuntu 8.10 & 9.04 installed easily and working well. Wireless card, sound, touchpad all are working fine.

Thanks everybody for your help.

Back