Laptops Laptop keyboard

captain83

Disciple
Issue with my inbuilt keyboard:

You try to open any random file/folder/ application, it always opens the first file/ folder/applications in that folder.

This happens everywhere, on your desktop, control panel, even when you are browsing internet, if you scroll the page down, the page auto scrolls itself to the top.

To fix this I have disabled inbuilt keyboard by renaming the driver file from drivers folder on my windows 7.

Now I have decided to fix my inbuilt keyboard. For these many days I have been using a wifi usb keyboad and mouse, but I cant use this setup always specially at places where I have space limitations or if I am travelling.

I want to know the cost and time involved to repair/ replace my laptop keyboard.

I stay at Thane, Maharashtra, so please recommend a nearby good trustworthy computer technician.

My laptop configuration is as follows:

Computer Type ACPI x86-based PC (Mobile)

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic

CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium T4400, 2200 MHz (11 x 200)

Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard Compaq Presario CQ61 Notebook PC

Motherboard Chipset Intel Cantiga PM45

BIOS Type Insyde (10/13/09)

Family 103C_5335KV

CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium T4400

CPUID CPU Name Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz

Before doing this, remove your computer keyboard (get the service manual/guide for your laptop) and try to clean it with alcohol. There might be an internal short. Had same problem with ctrl and comma keys, always when starting ms office, it would ask whether to start in safe mode. And with comma keys sometimes got a long line of comma's :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is this your computer service manual? check the pictures as same CPU is not there.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01740724.pdf

Still using the wifi usb k/b and mouse. Finally got time to get my laptop checked from a technician, details below -

Laptop k/b(new) would cost around Rs. 1600 to 2200

Tech visit: Rs. 350

*** Suggestion for those who are facing similiar issues, do not waste time doing R & D at home, visit a tech immediately :)

Back