Budget 41-50k Laptop for day coding/dev and daily use

gourav

Skilled
Hi. I'm looking for a laptop for some coding/dev/data analytics tasks and general day to day use. Don't need very strong graphics performance, any iGPU will be enough.

Prefer something below 1.5kg and screen size of 14". Looking for 13th gen Intel preferably, but I'm ok with 12th gen or equivalent Ryzen if the deal is good enough. Definitely need 16 GB of RAM (8 GB inbuilt and upgradable is fine, I can do that myself).

Battery life is not that important as it will mostly be used at home. Looking to buy during Prime Day sale to take advantage of card discounts.

2 specific requirements I have are as follows:
  • USB-C charging - tired of maintaining too many chargers.
  • 4k@60Hz through HDMI or DP - I saw an MSI laptop which fulfilled most requirements but output was limited to 4k@30Hz
The problem with the above two points is that even the manufacturer websites these days don't list specs in detail. So I'm unable to determine these.

Please help me find a laptop which suits my needs.

Willing to go up to 60k (before discounts).

I would recommend not having too many specific requirements in this range as that could cause you to miss the forest for the trees.

If longevity/reliability is important to you, consider a Thinkpad E14. Thinkpads have top-tier build and keyboards (ideal for writing/coding-heavy work) and upgradable RAM/storage. The specs are not so important, just that Zen3 models tend to consistently offer the best cost: performance.

There are a few other options but you'd be best of looking for them within your week of purchase as prices can shift the value proposition of each laptop even when accounting for your preferences.

If you don't need very strong graphics performance and iGPU will be enough then why do you want
"4k@60Hz through HDMI or DP - I saw an MSI laptop which fulfilled most requirements but output was limited to 4k@30Hz"

Back