Budget 51-70k laptop for casual gaming

BrownAJ

Recruit
With the current sales on Amazon & Flipkart I want to finally buy a new PC. Any help is appreciated

What's your Budget? around 65k
What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Casual gaming & everyday usage
What size and weight considerations do you have? flexible but would prefer 15.6"
Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? none
Any other considerations? RTX 3050 (or AMD equivalent) and decent screen

I feel this is the best laptop in the price segment with good performance and decent screen.
Please share experience if anyone has bought/used this or suggest any other good ones?

Here are 2 more options bit over budget but might be cheaper with coupons

3050Ti Based

Though @chetansha Laptop is a complete package, you just have to live with slightly wobble screen and not so great battery.

To the OP, There is literally no performance difference between RTX 2050 and RTX 3050 laptops so if you're going for the base tier models, you might as well save a buck with the 2050. (They both use the same die). You might be able to snag a decent 3060 laptop in the BBD sale, that will last you way longer tho.

Asus is writing IPS Level panel! Is it IPS or some misleading term?
I have been seeing laptop reviews a lot lately and they all say it's different than IPS and also looks worse than a IPS
There is literally no performance difference between RTX 2050 and RTX 3050 laptops...
Really? I am not a expert but looking at just benchmarks 3050 seems to be 30-50% faster than 2050. But do suggest some 2060 laptops for comparison
So I can buy this for effectively 63k and its currently my best option
https://amzn.eu/d/dUCFTBR
please provide your thoughts. Thanks

Last edited:
I have been seeing laptop reviews a lot lately and they all say it's different than IPS and also looks worse than a IPS

Really? I am not a expert but looking at just benchmarks 3050 seems to be 30-50% faster than 2050. But do suggest some 2060 laptops for comparison
So I can buy this for effectively 63k and its currently my best option
https://amzn.eu/d/dUCFTBR
please provide your thoughts. Thanks

bumping up this. Wanted to get a gaming laptop with RTX3070 but then realized that getting a 4070 would be more future proof considering the DLSS.

However the cost of a 4070 laptop is much more when compared to a 4060 even though the difference in performance is around 10-15% in favor of 4070.

Question is does it make sense to pay the extra and get the 4070? if yes then which one? Some models are there from MSI(pulse and katana),HP victus and ASUS.

PS: wanted to desperately go for the galaxy ultra to complete my sammyverse but the cost is mind boggling.

bumping up this. Wanted to get a gaming laptop with RTX3070 but then realized that getting a 4070 would be more future proof considering the DLSS.

However the cost of a 4070 laptop is much more when compared to a 4060 even though the difference in performance is around 10-15% in favor of 4070.

Question is does it make sense to pay the extra and get the 4070? if yes then which one? Some models are there from MSI(pulse and katana),HP victus and ASUS.

PS: wanted to desperately go for the galaxy ultra to complete my sammyverse but the cost is mind boggling.
In India, the premium for non-entry level product in any range is too high. 4070 raw performance is just about at 3070 Ti level, so frame gen is the only benefit.

Pricing will probably get more realistic in the middle of next year, if we go by the fact that 3070 Ti laptops became available around the 1L mark then.

In India, the premium for non-entry level product in any range is too high. 4070 raw performance is just about at 3070 Ti level, so frame gen is the only benefit.

Pricing will probably get more realistic in the middle of next year, if we go by the fact that 3070 Ti laptops became available around the 1L mark then.
Frame gen is the exact reason i want to go for the 40xx series. And felt 4070 is the best bet.

Saw a brand here in Germany selling one for 1300 euros but the warranty part made me think twice about it as it wasnt a known brand too.

Back