Budget 41-50k laptop for architect

vjvas

Recruit
guys, this is my first post and i need help
dont know much abt laptops so cant help much here but will do my best

BUDGET
around 40,000....the lesser the better

PRIMARY USAGE
making drawings on AutoCAD, 3D modelling in sketchUP, image editing in Photoshop and presentations on power point, view 3dstudio views on 3DSMAX

SIZE
13" if i decide to connect it to an external tv monitor thru HDMI for bigger screen
but as of now i am stuck on 15.6"

BRAND
good ASS, prefer on site warranty in Mumbai, India

OTHER REQUIREMENTS
i have the habit of keeping too many windows open at a time, there is a chance that ACAD, SketchUP and Photoshop may all be open at one time. also lots of tab open in my browser at a particular time.
prefer to have 5 usb ports if possible or atleast 4
DVD RW
windows xp or 7
wifi, bluetooth, ethernet port, card reader
projected use may involve carrying the laptop to work and during travels...

OTHER REQUIREMENTS BUT NOT NECESSARY
cam
good battery back up
back lit keyboard
dont know much abt this but read somewhere 5400 rpm is good so maybe i would include tht for less heat generation

if i am missing anything from architects point of view , please lemme know
thank you for the help

PS
my notes taking usually involves making sketches too....i usually have to scan them to save on comp....can we sketch directly on screen and save the file.....ofcourse i wouldnt yet put it on priority list but if included would be worth it.

lenovo
lenovo ideapad s400[FONT=trebuchet MS, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][/FONT](59-336936)
core i3 (second generation)
4 gb ram
500gb hdd
dvd-rw
1 gb graphics ddr3
5 hours battry backup
0.3 megapixal camara
aprox 35000/-

i feel you are trying to accommodate desktop features on a laptop. i would recommend you to look at portablity in a laptop . i am presently using a desktop for general use, an hp dual core laptop as standby for the desktop (in power failure scenario) and a hp Dmz-1 ultra portable for working on the move. This has backup of 6hrs plus and is light weight and handles most of the above pretty well.(dont know about multi tabs in ie). a touch screen laptop within that budget would be tough; think most would be launching with the launch of Windows8 and should be priced upwards of 50k at least at launch. by the was i am architect with almost similar program/work configuration.

navin and mh09...thanks for your suggestion and time @navin007
not read good reviews on lenova ASS, so not sure abt that since it is imp to me @mh09ad5578
i agree but i cant afford both now and laptop is to accommodate my portable requirement
i had Acer travel mate high config around 56,000 7 yrs back and it served pretty well in the software context until it broke down.

the only change in my criteria from the above listed is that i am planning to buy a portable laptop and connect it externally thru hdmi to a monitor. so i get the portability and the wider screen too.

if nth else works out then i would go for dell.....but was wanting to know if there is sth better around

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right,
but there are many company's laptop which work good you can try them by taking a time with asking people who have used another brand laptop.

BUT IF YOU LIKE DELL SO HERE IS ONE

Dell Inspiron 14 Laptop 2nd Gen Ci3 (32OOO -35000)
2GB RAM DDR3
500GB HDD
1GB Graph
WITH HDMI PORT
14 INC SCREEN
3.5 TO 40 HOURS OF BATTRY LIFE
WEIGHT 2 KG

- - - Updated - - -

Sony VAIO SVE15115EN Laptop 2nd Gen Ci3 (38000- 40000)
4GB RAM DDR3
500GB
Win7 HB
1GB Graph
BATTRY 3 HOURS
HDMI PORT

Back