Budget 90k+ Laptop Asus Tuf Gaming F17

take a look at asus Tuf A15, Ryzen 9 5900HX/6G 3060 for 98K (non sale price). it's 5000 series but then again you get 5900HX and save a bit of cash.

I own an AMD Advantage Edition laptop. It's my daily driver for past 1 year. Its not from HP, mine is Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition laptop (5900HX + 6800M).
My few cents on Advantage Edition Laptop (or, my observations from my laptop) which you can use to relate with other AMD Advantage lappys:

1. Laptop does get hot while gaming, I mean real hot. Some games take CPUs to early/mid 90s, but AMD says the chipsets can withstand those temps.
2. No MUX i.e unless you connect your laptop to an external monitor, your iGPU bottlenecks the GPU's performance, i.e. connecting to a monitor via type-C or HDMI connects the monitor directly to the GPU and believe me, there is a difference in performance between playing in Laptop screen and using Monitor. The latter gives more performance.
3. SAM: Smart Access Memory - I've totally turned this off in AMD Adrenaline settings. I really didn't see any benefit on keeping this ON. May be not useful in my use-case.
4. I don't use the built-in Performance/Turbo modes; rather create a custom mode with custom fan curves. This makes huge difference in CPU and GPU Temps. You don't lose much of fps though.
5. Battery: I easily get 6-7 Hrs of battery life on my work day (coding, zoom calls etc.,). Mine is a 2k 165Hz screen. I use it at 60Hz, keyboard RGB Off, and brighness at 40-50% (which is sufficient for my work environment) while connected to a BT mouse, BT earphones and Wifi. For better battery life, I have an option in Asus software to lock the max charge to 60% and leave the charger running.
6. Finally on the AMD Softwares: I never faced any issue with GPU software and I'm not usually a guy to update the software on Day-1 but I mostly update everything within a month. I've never faced any black screens, stuttering in Games. I never run my games with fps counters, so can't really comment on fps improvements.

Back