Laptops Laptop Adapter damaged... What to do?

hrohit85

Disciple
Feb 1, 2008
Bangalore
Hi,
My laptop's (Lenovo) adapter wire was bitten by rats
and got short circuited when I switched it on. Its not
working now. Can someone suggest where to get it
repaired (in Bangalore) or some other option...

Thanks in advance.

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
You can always buy replacement adaptors - original or OEM ones from one of the computer/electronics stores. SP Road should have a lot of these stores, I believe.

jaganm

Disciple
Sep 25, 2006
These are times when an extended warranty starts to make sense. My laptop's adapter stopped working after 18 months and I ended up paying over 3000 rupees for a replacement (HP Original)

vinodh89

Disciple
May 30, 2009
Saw this Universal Laptop adapter on sale in Ebay...It was selling for 495 bucks. Aren't these compatible adapters reliable ?

hrohit85

Disciple
Feb 1, 2008
Bangalore
You can always buy replacement adaptors - original or OEM ones from one of the computer/electronics stores. SP Road should have a lot of these stores, I believe.

Went to SP road, here is what was offered:
new original adapter - 1350
used original adapter - 800
local adapter with 3 months warranty - 475
local adapter with 6 months warranty - 625

Gave the old adapter for repair, will check tomorrow.
These are times when an extended warranty starts to make sense. My laptop's adapter stopped working after 18 months and I ended up paying over 3000 rupees for a replacement (HP Original)

hmm..depends on luck.
Just 2 months back, one hinge broke.
Had to cough 2.25k for a new pair.

Saw this Universal Laptop adapter on sale in Ebay...It was selling for 495 bucks. Aren't these compatible adapters reliable ?

if quality is good, this is good option.

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
jaganm said:
Even the extended warranty doesnt cover laptop battery and charger

hrohit85

Disciple
Feb 1, 2008
Bangalore
Got it repaired yesterday at SP Road.

It was a LCD Display repair shop on 2nd floor (ASR Technologies or something like that)

Haggled it to 200.

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
hrohit85 said:

It was a LCD Display repair shop on 2nd floor (ASR Technologies or something like that)

Haggled it to 200.

thats nice, its better to use repaired original charger than using some cheap,random local charger with 3 months warranty and thanks for sharing the address of the shop you got it done, it may be useful for us in the future.

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
amol_cool said:
I guess they cover charger but not battery. At least Dell does cover charger (Speaking from personal experience).

Noone provides better service than Dell in India, they may be the only one covering charger under extended warranty. HP and Sony dont cover charger under extended warranty.

hpotter

Recruit
May 25, 2013

Haggled it to 200.

Please send me the address where you have repaired your charger adapter (ASR tech.)
I want sony vaio adapter to be repaired