Laptop 45 k Budget

Hi Guys,

My friend is planning to buy a laptop by this weekend. Primary usage will be browsing, watching movies and playing games. Maximum budget is 45K.
Requesting all of you to post some good suggestions.:)

Thank you!

He does mention gaming as a requirement (and movies, web browsing).... so yes, would probably be an idea to wait for Sandy Bridge, with its built-in graphics solution that should help gaming on laptops considerably...

Otherwise you could perhaps look at the MSI FX600... solid gaming and a Blu-ray drive at a decent price point (if you can buy MSI, not sure)... or perhaps a Dell for a solid all rounder. But best to wait for SB!

And Sony Vaio CA,CB,SB,F2 as well :)
Unfortunately they are out of your budget.
So IF you can stretch your budget I would strongly recommend Vaio CB15. Full HD screen, sandybridge core i5, 7200 rpm 500gb hdd, hd exmor webcam,backlit keyboard. You can get it for 51.5- 52K if you bargain hard :eek:hyeah:

devilinearth said:
Can I get a Dell XPS 15 with SandyBridge in 45K?
Sadly the cheapest is 48.8k (Rs.47,900+shipping) But its worth the extra 4k if you can afford it.

Dell XPS 15 Laptop Details | Dell India

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Review Dell XPS 15 Notebook (i5-2410M & GT 540M) - Notebookcheck.net Reviews
Verdict
Dell XPS 15After finishing all tests, we can pat Dell on the shoulder without hesitation. The manufacturer has maintained the XPS 15's numerous strengths and taken care of old weaknesses at the same time. The temperature and noise development isn't yet perfect, but they are no longer a hindrance for purchasing, in our opinion. There aren't any other critique points except for the fairly spongy and unclear (illuminated) keyboard. The XPS 15 does an impressively good job in practically all other issues.

In particular, the B+RG LED display is in a class of its own. The one or other external monitor will have to watch out. Additionally, the large and accurate touchpad with its pleasant surface, the cleverly arranged ports and the, to the largest part, high quality manufacturing has to be mentioned. The competition will likely turn green with envy in view of the sound quality. The installed 2.1 sound system from JBL is simply awesome.

Finally, the XPS 15's good performance isn't paid for with limited mobility. You are independent from the mains for several hours due to Nvidia's Optimus technology and the strong 9 cell battery. If Dell would throttle the emissions in load a bit, create a better keyboard model and optionally offer a matt display in future, we would be absolutely blissful.

All in all, the new XPS 15 has turned into an overall successful multimedia notebook after its refresh, especially on the technical side. It is definitely worth a look for users with a variety of interests.

Back