PC Peripherals KVM switch recommendations

somus

Recruit
I'm looking for a good KVM switch to switch between my macbook and gaming pc. I tried a chinese usb switch a few months ago, and it stopped working within a month. Is there any reliable KVM or usb switches out there which won't die within a month? Right now, I'm unplugging and plugging my usb hub between my macbook and gaming pc when I want to switch, and it is a pain

I'm looking for a good KVM switch to switch between my macbook and gaming pc. I tried a chinese usb switch a few months ago, and it stopped working within a month. Is there any reliable KVM or usb switches out there which won't die within a month? Right now, I'm unplugging and plugging my usb hub between my macbook and gaming pc when I want to switch, and it is a pain
Buy KVM Switch of ATEN make. Using their 4 port switch since 10 years now without any glitch. check compatibility with Macbook.

I had a somewhat similar issue with my setup and I solved it by using USB extension cables. It will probably not work for you (because of the difference in setup) but let me try anyway.

My setup-
KB and Mouse connected to my monitor's USB hub.
DP cable to my gaming pc.
HDMI to my work laptop.

In order to switch between both of them I had to move my monitor's USB hub cable (I had to get up and perform a lot of stretch and bend maneuvers to do it {this is what a first world problem looks like in case anyone's wondering XD}). So I just added two extension cables from my PC and Laptop respectively. A rather low cost solution in my opinion but once again, it may not work for everyone.

Back