CPU/Mobo Kit Suggestions ?

preet27

Disciple
Hi,

So I am rebuilding my cosuin's PC and have already bought all the other stuff, but I am kind of stuck on Which Procy, MB kit to buy, budget for the kit is 10,000, and it is only going to be used for general surfing and occasional gaming,
so just need suggestions for what would be the most VFM Proccy + Mobo kit in my budget ?

P.S. - I didn't use the template because i only need suggestions for the Kit, everything else i have already bought !!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

So any advice as to which one to go for ?

i was looking at the i3 2100 which is available for 6.6k on ebay, any other suggestions, is the phenom II 555 unlocked to quad core comparable to i3 performance wise ?

Also motherboard to unlock those cores would also be needed in AMD's case

^^ Get this --

AMD A6-3650 ~ 6500/- OR A8-3850 ~ 7800/- [incase you need more power and a better IGP] AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz 4MB L2 Cache Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU AD3850WNGXBOX,

Gigabyte A75-D3H ~ 5800/- Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H (rev. 1.0),

I am assuming you've not bought RAM, get a Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600MHz 4GB x 1 ~ 1650/-

if you want to go Intel, then here is what is the deal --

Intel Core i3 2120 ~ 6500/- [if this piece is not available go for the standard i3 2100, but be wary it has a very weak IGP built-in]

Intel DH-67 BL ~ 5800/-

RAM same as AMD Llano RIG [1600 MHz RAM offers the best scaling in both scenarios].

OR

AMD E-350 RIG ~ 7800/- MSI E350IA-E45 AMD Zacate E350 (1.6GHz, dual core) AMD Hudson M1 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo

Corsair 1333MHz ValueRAM 4GB x 1 ~ 1200/-

Hope this helps, Sire and a happy new year to all on this thread.

Well first off thanks for the suggestions

I have already bought the RAM, i got a sweet deal of XMS3 2Gb module for 600 and i took it.

Now coming back to proccy and MoBo, i have a 10% off coupon from ebay, maxed out at 500, so i want to buy before 9th Jan, so not a lot of time i guess, but can you tell me, which one would be a better choice in terms of multitasking, the i3 or the AMD ?

I haven't seen the prices for AMD procy's on ebay, but i3 2100 is available for 6.6k and that about the lowest i have been able to find it anywhere including locally !!!

^^ For multi-tasking and lightly threaded applications the Intel Sandy-Bridge excels against AMD aging STARS CPU architecture, but heavy and multi-threaded applications will benefit from Llano's native quad-core design against the i3's dual-core + hyper-thread design.

Also the IGP on the Core i3 2100 [HD 2000] falls short of any gaming prowess, this is another point where I'll strongly recommend the AMD Llano as later down the line you can add a HD 6670 in Hybrid-CrossFireX and the entire scaling is pretty impressive for casual to entry-level gaming, even with just the Redwood chip on die the system performs much better than Intel HD graphics. If you can get the newer Core i3 2120 try to purchase that as the onboard HD 3000 is much more conducive for gaming.

This also depends on how much gaming your friend will do and what he calls gaming.

Here is a review by a fellow TE member on the Llano which will help you decide -- http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/amd-fusion-a8-3850-review-igp-195501.html.

Hope the above helped, Cheers!

Thanks for the in depth knowledge, have a few more questions though, i hope you can give an answer to these as well.

1. Which motherboard should i buy to unlock the cores of an unlockable AMD phenom II 555 BE, have tried unlocking the cores on my Biostar TA890GXE MoBo and succesfully unlocked to a Quad Core B55 Proccy and then I even got it overclocked to 4.0, it is running very stable at 3.5, so i have dialed it back to 3.5, so i want to give this proccy to my cousin but i wanna keep the Mobo, which Mobo would be recommendable which has a stable VRM and has the ACC tech as well, other than the Biostar 890GXE or FXE Mobo's

2. Can you tell me how much of an improvement will the above proccy's that you mentioned be in terms of multitasking ( not gaming ), is it wise to shell out 3k more ?

^^ Look at any motherboard which has a AMD 710 South-Bridge, check this up on ASUS and Gigabyte sites [On ASUS sites it will be mentioned like this AM3 chipset -- 8**/SB710 OR 8**/SB850] for Gigabyte look into the older motherboard not the latest crop of AM3 chips the M5 series from ASUS will not support core-unlock].

For your second query, I'll tell you the AMD Llano performs roughly like a ~ Phenom IIx4 840.

The Intel Core i3 2100 takes down a Phenom IIx4 955 easily and has a better control on its power intake, the flipside AMD CPU's can be overclocked [by the HT multiplier, which Intel has locked on all Sandy-Bridge chipsets apart from P67 / Z68].

Take a AMD A8 / A6 APU for balance [you can do all you want on it + play the most recent games @full HD + low settings],

if the CPU is a center piece Core i3 2100 is the way to go, it defeats the AMD processors and keeps in line.

The AMD B50 [unlocked from a Phenom IIx2] performs around a 955you can do rest of the Maths.

Hope you find this explanation satisfactory.

try the m5a97 pro for 7k or m5a97 for unlocking..

also for intense core workouts a 955 beats 2100.. see the x264 2nd pass results.. the true 4core trumps an artificial 4 core:)

Now coming back to proccy and MoBo, i have a 10% off coupon from ebay, maxed out at 500, so i want to buy before 9th Jan, so not a lot of time i guess

try the m5a97 pro for 7k or m5a97 for unlocking..

also for intense core workouts a 955 beats 2100.. see the x264 2nd pass results.. the true 4core trumps an artificial 4 core:)

Go for i3 i2100 imo

follow this link..http://www.anandtech...duct/289?vs=399

i3 2100 beats in just about every aspect.!

Guys he might have already bought it by now, considering he had a coupon which would have expired on 9th Jan which he wanted to use . . . . . . . . . .
<

Back