Other Kindle Paperwhite questions

All right guys, bit the bullet and bought the Kobo Glo from ebay, 6.5k after coupon and 5.9k after using my payback points so that's at the same price as kindle basic. Thanks a lot guys and special thanks to @eternoMind for the link :)

P.S. - Talked to the seller and he says standard 1 year warranty is applicable from Kobo :)

Another reason I chose Kobo is when I found out the multiple hacks possible on them. I kinda think Kobo as the android equivalent and the Kindle as the iOS equivalent if you know what I mean.

Congos on the purchase sabby :)
That's a good deal considering how the Kobo Glos have almost vanished from the online market after the ridiculously low prices they went for just a few months ago. I have the same one and am pretty satisfied with it.
And while you are at it, get this too. Works perfectly fine. Thanks to the cover, I use the Glo without a screen protector.

Elite Sleek PU Leather flip case cover for Kobo GLO with magnetic closure

@eternoMind Yup, I actually saw that and put it my wishlist but was hesitating since it isn't amazon fulfilled. Now that you gave assurance, I ordered it :)
@toocool6600 check the mobilereader forum - kobo sub section, you'll get all the details. Enabling Multi touch . installing full Android JB and play store capability are to name a few.

I had got one from eBay for the same price but it's not available there. Amazon was your only option apart from AliEx. It's priced lower there but would have taken a while.

Just got the cover. It looks and feels great for a INR 700 case. And sturdy enough that I can keep it in my bed before going to sleep. And the sleep/wake works perfectly :)

Last edited:
I have not yet bought anything

This time I have to buy it and since I don't know anything about it, so I am confused

Is it easy to buy books on Amazon which are for kindle, and convert them easily for kobo?

Will books look and feel exactly as it looks on Kindle?

Can't find kobo glo for decent price, is it still worth it?

Already got it :D

Are you happy with it?

What about Flipkart ebooks convert for kobo..........? Works?

Conversion of kindle books is easy?

I got it as fast as I could, not to be missed deal :)

Hoping I like it :D

Last edited:
I don't use flipkart books. But I think you can pretty much convert all kinda ebook to kobo/kindle format via calibre. I'm very happy with the Glo. Although wish the front light would go a bit lower, in pitch dark its kinda bright. But overall its one of my best purchases.

I don't use flipkart books. But I think you can pretty much convert all kinda ebook to kobo/kindle format via calibre. I'm very happy with the Glo. Although wish the front light would go a bit lower, in pitch dark its kinda bright. But overall its one of my best purchases.
Thanks man

Waiting for delivery, which they think could take 7 days and then will have to collect it from Delhi as UP delivery wasn't available

Is it easy to buy books on Amazon which are for kindle, and convert them easily for kobo?
Will books look and feel exactly as it looks on Kindle?
Yes it is very easy.
Buy kindle books (format will be mobi or azw3). Convert it to epub and presto! you can read on your Kobo.
There will not be any loss in formatting.

What about Flipkart ebooks convert for kobo..........? Works?
Which converter are you referring to?

I don't know yet as my kobo not arrived yet

But I am asking If Flipkart ebooks can be converted to be read on kobo?
I am 100% sure that there is no such converter in the market.
And neither is there any tool to strip the ebook off its DRM.

The problem is that flipkart is an Indian entity, and therefore rest of the world doesn't care about format offered by FK.
Though Calibre has been developed by an Indian, you can write to him and ask if calibre will ever support flyte ebooks.

Back