Katherine Legge to test Toro-Rosso

Apex

Skilled
Katherine Legge will reportedly become the first female driver in nearly fifteen years to test a F1 car.

The Toyota Atlantic rookie is slated to get behind the wheel of a Red Bull-owned Minardi at the end of November.

Legge, a 25-year-old Briton, will steer the 'Squadra Toro Rosso' car at Vallelunga (Italy), GrandPrix.com reported, and would be the first woman since Giovanna Amati in 1991 to feel the power of a F1 machine.

Earlier this year, the former Formula Renault and British F3 driver, Legge, trounced the boys at Long Beach, and also won in Edmonton and San Jose.

Source: F1Central

Yea Nikhil you are right. There was some woman who tested for McLaren at Indianapolis. I have that article in a magazine. Will look for the name in it.

today i read in toi that scot speed will spear head the squadra toro rosso team and DC will spearhead the senior redbull racing team.

yes... that is true. Red Bull have two teams in F1 next year. For the uninitiated..... RED BULL in Italian is Toro Rosso.

Nikhil said:
Wrong. US GP 2004. A female tested the McLaren. I dont remember her name though. Will try googling

frm wat i can recall...a female driver was to test for mclaren but that eventually din't take place.

No no. She did. She was already a driver in the NASCAR or something like that. She was driving for one of those typically US car racing series.

DAMN. If I was fine, I would have dug out an old copy of Autocar India or OVerdrive and given you the name.

Bear with me for 2 and a half months :p I could be wrong too. But I doubt it.

Back