Kalyway 10.5.2

So which distro(or whatever) do you guys think will work on my System?

I have tried Kalyway and iAtkos2.0i

iAtkos did not go past the apple boot logo...

And Kalyway always fails to completely install.I stops in the middle of installation.....

One thing I observed is that

a. All variants installed perfectly on my lappy.

b. All of them refused to boot citing some or the other error.

c. Tried a new disk for Leopard only and installed using GUID partition table and not MBR which is the default.

d. Doing that enables almost every variant to boot correctly post installation.

See if it helps.

Can't comment, but may be u can try using a GPT disk as PAT, though I have Kalyway 10.5.3 on MBR disk(XP|DATA|MAC) & Darwin boots me into windows or MAC w/o probs.

just a thought, has anyone got CI/QE working with GMA3100 ??? will save me some time hunting on forums lol

Nice to see so many more hackintosh users here!

I have been using Kalway 10.5.1 updated to 10.5.2 as my primary OS and i dual boot between OS X and XP

Pat said:
It doesnt work. nvidia GO onboard cards are not supported AFAIK :(

Anyone got their nvidia onboard working ?

Do you mean cards like 6150? I had a 7900gs go that worked with kalyaway 10.5.1 with my Dell e1705.

mehargags said:
a rule of thumb, INTEL WIRELESS Cards DO NOT WORK, even if someone managed to do it, its beyond the scope of people like us.

I might be wrong but I think it does, check insanely mac forums, there was something on it for sure. try this

[How To] Solutions for Wireless Problems - InsanelyMac Forum

And for all the guys having installation problems, try this,

a) First of all make sure the md5 sum is right for the download that you did,

b) burn the disc on the lowest speed i.e. 2x-4x is perfect anything higher and the disc is probably a lemon.

c) if you still are having trouble installing please post the exact nature of your problem with hardware specs, I will try and find the solution, I had a gazillion problems while installing it the first time, but after that its been easy.

d) Another way to install it is via vmware but then osx is not very responsive with lower ram, and I dont recommend that way.

hey, ^^ I saw that too, but I noticed some of them were supported and I hoped that it wasn't that specific one. These things are usually sketchy, absolutely no support and a few guys lookin into it.

i_max2k2 said:
Do you mean cards like 6150? I had a 7900gs go that worked with kalyaway 10.5.1 with my Dell e1705.

Yea.I meant the likes of nvidia 6150 Go! By worked do you mean QE/CI working? or only native resolution ? Any idea which driver kalyway 10.5.1 was using ? :)

mehargags said:
I managed to install it successfully, got the intro Video & then it comes to a screen where it asks for a .MAC ID. I click continue to the first screen & it takes me to the New ID registeration screen.
Here I fill up the required fields, but in the phone it gives me error that phone sh'd be 10 Digits while it only allows digits to be typed.

Can u guyz pls help me tackle this ??

Thx..

Give some US No. It will accept.

not working on xfx 630i motherboard. unable to boot disc.

working great on asus p5b deluxe.

pro = e2180

gpu = 9600GSO

both fully working on p5b dleuxe.

6150go does not support quartz extreme and core image technology.

have tried a lot for my laptop.

installed it today.

QE/CI is not working

Audio is not working

USB is not working

System specs:

T5300(1.73GHz), 2GB RAM, 120GB 5400rpm HD, 15.4in 1280x800 LCD, Intel 950, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11abg wireless, Bluetooth, Modem, 10/100 Ethernet, Fingerprint reader, Camera, 6c Li-Ion

Please help

Which company laptop?? which sound adapter? which....

Loads of things to ask..i spent 3-5months trying to get it working on my laptop..no go...:lol:
best luck with yours..

Its a Lenovo 3000 N100, Type 0768-HCQ

Waise i got USB working and also fixed the resolution.

and i am posting this from my leopard.

i am loving it:hap2:

How do i post screenshots?

and how do i get that bling-bling effect working

ntel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27a2

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

^^Press shift+alt+3 to take a screenshot, it'll be saved on your desktop itself.

To get the effects working u need to get QE/CI working.

Back