User Guides K750i/W800i Unlimited SMS storage

Hey guy's, this is the first guide i'm posting anywhere, I've tried to make it as simple as possible, It's about increasing the sms storage limit in the k750i/w800i series of phones.

Essential Tools Required :

Far Manager - FAR Manager official site
RapidShare Webhosting + Webspace

SEFP Plugin by Darkman

k750i/W800i Flash Drivers

DCU-60 (Default USB cable with k750/w800)

Alright, once you get all the above files, install the usb flash driver (If you have used SEUS then you may have already got the drivers installed on the system) . Also it is recommended to have your contacts, messages and other data on the phone backed up by using a program like my phone explorer (FJ Software Development )

1) Take a backup of your contacts and messages with My Phone Explorer (i.e select all msgs & copy to archieve).
2) Extract Farmanager to any location you desire.
3) Then extract the SEFP folder to the plugins folder in Farmanager.

4) Now start Far Manager by starting far.exe

5) Switch Off the phone, but dont connect it to the USB Cable yet.
6) Press Alt+F1 at the main screen

7) Then Press 0 or select SEFP

8) You will see a box with connection settings for your phone, select
dcu-60/921600/k750/w800 cid36 as shown in the screenshot

9) Now it will ask u to connect the phone to the usb cable while holding down c, do that!

10) If you have not got the flash driver installed properly or have not connected the phone properly you could get the following error message.

11) However if everything goes well, you will get the phone detected message.

12) You will see the following folders in the root directory.

13) When you click on the fs(Filesystem) Folder you will again get a box with some messages scrolling through.

14) Now you can see all the folders present in the phone.

15) To remove the sms storage limit, browse to the /ifs/settings/messaging folder

16) Now select pref_store.txt file and click F4 to edit it

17) change the "/sms data" to "/tpa" press F2 to save, then F10 to quit.

18) Now keep going a level back towrds the root dir (i.e by pressing the .. ) until it asks you if you want to shut down the loader, select yes to quit.

19) Disconnect the phone, you may have to remove the battery once and then put it back in.

20) You might find your sms's missing, now open my phone explorer and then restore the backup of the sms's (the alternate way of doing this is by copying all the files in sms data folder to tpa folder , but i'm not sure if it works cos i havn't tried it out yet)

You can do a lot of things to the phone using farmanager, you can increase the play volume, have flash theme's, change icon's etc. will post a guide for that if you want it and like this one .

Special thanks to Darkmen from SE-NSE for the wonderful flash plugin :clap:

I have tried to follow this procedure (I would LOVE to remove the sms storage limit) but I get the following error when I try to look in the FS folder:

"Script fs_mode execution error!
Error code: 0"

And then the FS folder appears empty.

My W800i is CID36 and according to the DaVinci app the Flash etc. installed properly.

I wonder if you can help at all?

David

Whoaah!

Don't worry.

I found updated plug-ins (SEFP06098.zip) and once installed it worked fine.

Many thanks, this is genius; deleting sent messages has been the #1 bane of my life for months!

D.

"You can do a lot of things to the phone using farmanager, you can increase the play volume, have flash theme's, change icon's etc. will post a guide for that if you want it and like this one ."

Iwould like to have the guides for the above said....
thnx for making it happen....:hap2:

Nice guide..

Does any1 know if theres somthing of this Sort for the Motorola L7?

100 Message Storage, is pretty depressing :/.

hey upto step 12 everythin is fine..
but on step 13 it doesnt show me ny folders...
n how do i knw my CID no?
let me knw y is dis happenin..
tc
Mohit

^^ Well you can use the DaVinci Client to know the CID no. of your phone. Download DaVinci Flasher from here DaVinci Team and then click on Read CID/Test Cable, then switch off the phone and connect it to the USB cable while holding down the "C" key on the phone.

xXx said:
hey x factor....i wanted to know how to install those flash drivers ....and also full details where to put those sepf file...plz revert back ASAP....
thnx

Hey sry for the late reply , anyway u can extract the flash drivers to any folder, then right click EPIUSB.INF and select install, then when u connect the phone to the usb port holding down the "C" key on the phone(the phone should be switched off), it will show you the found new hardware--usb flash device msg.

About the SEPF folder you have to copy the entire folder to the /FarManager/Plugins.

^^ Right now , NO! but i guess it is still in the works, the CID49 system is more difficult to crack than the CID36.

xXx said:
"You can do a lot of things to the phone using farmanager, you can increase the play volume, have flash theme's, change icon's etc. will post a guide for that if you want it and like this one ."

Iwould like to have the guides for the above said....
thnx for making it happen....:hap2:
can u just tell abt increasing the play volume of se w800i using flash plugins. plzzz let me i kno.
i really want.

Ya it works great for my K750i - thanks loads - Downloaded My Phone Explorer which showed about 20000 as free space for SMS (Depends on free memory of phone I guess). This is very convenient for me because I am a heavy user of SMS and within one day my inbox gets full - now I do not have to worry about deleting texts from my K750i :)

Although it works well for the K750i, this does not seem to work for w700i - I got myself a w700i phone and thinking that it would be as flexible tried to increase the SMS capacity - however I failed - I guess its something to do with the SEFP Plugin - anyone out there who can help me with this? Is there any way that the SMS capacity can be increased for this phone? Please let me know.

Thanks

Back