User Guides K750i/W800i Unlimited SMS storage

Hey guy's, this is the first guide i'm posting anywhere, I've tried to make it as simple as possible, It's about increasing the sms storage limit in the k750i/w800i series of phones.

Essential Tools Required :

Far Manager - FAR Manager official site
RapidShare Webhosting + Webspace

SEFP Plugin by Darkman

k750i/W800i Flash Drivers

DCU-60 (Default USB cable with k750/w800)

Alright, once you get all the above files, install the usb flash driver (If you have used SEUS then you may have already got the drivers installed on the system) . Also it is recommended to have your contacts, messages and other data on the phone backed up by using a program like my phone explorer (FJ Software Development )

1) Take a backup of your contacts and messages with My Phone Explorer (i.e select all msgs & copy to archieve).
2) Extract Farmanager to any location you desire.
3) Then extract the SEFP folder to the plugins folder in Farmanager.

4) Now start Far Manager by starting far.exe

5) Switch Off the phone, but dont connect it to the USB Cable yet.
6) Press Alt+F1 at the main screen

7) Then Press 0 or select SEFP

8) You will see a box with connection settings for your phone, select
dcu-60/921600/k750/w800 cid36 as shown in the screenshot

9) Now it will ask u to connect the phone to the usb cable while holding down c, do that!

10) If you have not got the flash driver installed properly or have not connected the phone properly you could get the following error message.

11) However if everything goes well, you will get the phone detected message.

12) You will see the following folders in the root directory.

13) When you click on the fs(Filesystem) Folder you will again get a box with some messages scrolling through.

14) Now you can see all the folders present in the phone.

15) To remove the sms storage limit, browse to the /ifs/settings/messaging folder

16) Now select pref_store.txt file and click F4 to edit it

17) change the "/sms data" to "/tpa" press F2 to save, then F10 to quit.

18) Now keep going a level back towrds the root dir (i.e by pressing the .. ) until it asks you if you want to shut down the loader, select yes to quit.

19) Disconnect the phone, you may have to remove the battery once and then put it back in.

20) You might find your sms's missing, now open my phone explorer and then restore the backup of the sms's (the alternate way of doing this is by copying all the files in sms data folder to tpa folder , but i'm not sure if it works cos i havn't tried it out yet)

You can do a lot of things to the phone using farmanager, you can increase the play volume, have flash theme's, change icon's etc. will post a guide for that if you want it and like this one .

Special thanks to Darkmen from SE-NSE for the wonderful flash plugin :clap:

Hey i done all the steps above... but after finishing that i can't turn on my phone... i reinserted battery, but nothing happens... plz tell me what can i do now.... but once again i open far manager and re type that "/tpa" into "/sms data"... but still my phone did't get started...

mine is CID49 and when i connect the phone with pc it shows flash drive detected and main thing is i did't press "c" key... my phone did't get started... what to do... how to reset...PLZ help me...

Back