PC Peripherals Just how good is the TVS gold mechanical keyboard?

unixguru said:
I just checked online and the wholesale rate seem to be slightly over 50 USD 104 switches. How in hell are HP and TVS offering the keyboards at this unbelievable price?

I'm using Cherry Black and ALPS switches for power and reset buttons, cost me 5 rupees each :p

SunnyBoi said:
I'm using Cherry Black and ALPS switches for power and reset buttons, cost me 5 rupees each :p

I am confused now, how can the rates be so much lesser in India? Are these the same switches that are used in SteelSeries 7G keyboard?

allrounder799 said:
eternoMod: If is it possible can you please check your HP KB in a game which uses WASD controls, that when pressing more than one keys[either W, A, S or D] together does it accept both or one only?

Didn't understand this part. I tried Crysis and when i pressed W+D together, the movement was diagonal to the right. Not straight-up (W) or completely to the right side (D).

eternoMind said:
It registered 5 keys pretty much everytime i tried. 6 keys were registered 9 times out of 10. Registration of 7/8 keys was not accurate enough/inconsistent.

Thank you very much! This keyboard is decent for most types of games. I am thinking of getting one. Just one more question, how good is it for typing compared to the cheap Logitech/Microsoft keyboards?

unixguru said:
Thank you very much! This keyboard is decent for most types of games. I am thinking of getting one. Just one more question, how good is it for typing compared to the cheap Logitech/Microsoft keyboards?

I graduated to this KB after using the Logitech normal and wireless (MK320), and there's a world of difference in the typing experience on both. The feedback is awesome and the keystrokes register instantly, which definitely aids in faster and more precise typing. Also being so damn sturdy, holding the KB feels nice.

@EternoMind: First of all sorry for replying late, was kinda tangled in Diwali preparations

Second, Thanx very very much for your help, from your test it shows that the keyboard doesn't ghost, you kind of saved me 1500 rupees, if you have any help ask me I will try my best

Happy Diwali

allrounder799 said:
@EternoMind: First of all sorry for replying late, was kinda tangled in Diwali preparations

Second, Thanx very very much for your help, from your test it shows that the keyboard doesn't ghost, you kind of saved me 1500 rupees, if you have any help ask me I will try my best

Happy Diwali

Glad to have been of assistance!!

Hoping you get the kind of experience you are looking for with this keyboard.

:)

I got the HP one after going through this post and the entire thread itself, and i am loving it. The noise is actually not too apparent if you press the keys slightly and not the whole way down. Feedback is excellent and the keyboard itself feels very sturdy. Only gripe for me would be the closely spaced keys which take some time getting used to. I haven't used the TVS but its keys seemed quite spaced-out.
well I know that this is a very late reply .. but can you please tell me which hp keyboard are you talking about (model number)

Its ridiculously good. If you are a touch typer, I cant think of another keyboard you could get in that price range that will be better. I use this at home and a regular old cheapo Dell keyboard at work and the difference is day and night.

Also play a ton of games at home with this. Works great with BF4, BF3 and CSGO. Dont really play MOBAs and the like but I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work well them.

Only downside is its noisy as hell. So if you have a little one sleeping in the room at times you cant really type full speed. It sounds like a typewriter.

Back