Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^i think they should include free outgoing calling any network 100mb data per day for @₹50-₹70 this is affordable.
My family members does not use 1gb 4G data and it's wasted anyway. Only calling..

:) 50-70 rs pm is penut for the company man, how will they afford to give such plan with ul free calling? I (and i think majority of jio users who will leave now) would have liked 200 pm 10GB data and free calling. Since one cant depend completely on jios network right now, spending 300 bucks pm is quite a bit.

:) 50-70 rs pm is penut for the company man, how will they afford to give such plan with ul free calling? I (and i think majority of jio users who will leave now) would have liked 200 pm 10GB data and free calling. Since one cant depend completely on jios network right now, spending 300 bucks pm is quite a bit.
Cannot talk about folks on a low budget. Even 200 is a lot for them.

300 is not quite a huge amount. Especially you're getting that much of data. Many are willing to wait more one month so that they'll improve call connectivity and they could Jump. That way it'll be VFM.

Last edited by a moderator:
A big problem with switching to jio will be need for phones with VOLTE and other phones need to have 4g and the app installed and kept open all the time.

Hey Richie Rich why don't you pay for all poor members of Digit like me, who can't afford Jio SIM services. It seems you have lots of money in bank.
It's not about the rich or poor, If yr monthly budget for data and calls is 100 then I doubt u will even surfing TE on ur phone coz 100ruoess will not get u enough bandwidth to surf TE or even Google anything most of the time ur data will be off and u will be switching it on when u want to check ur messages (I know people who that all day).

If u were spending 100 rupees and was happy with it then why u want to switch to Jio ?

Hey Richie Rich why don't you pay for all poor members of Digit like me, who can't afford Jio SIM services. It seems you have lots of money in bank.

Actually, you want to spend money to get an expensive phone or a phone with VoLTE support, then you want someone to give you free internet for life. Man, get a life. This is a technology forum.

I cannot help but draw parallels to the issue plaguing Uber and Ola drivers, who were making their money and earning more than white collar people on incentives. This has nothing to do with your problem, but it is so abject that I cannot help but share the experience. I came in an Ola yesterday morning, and from the mannerism in which he was talking, he felt it was his birthright to claims of the incentive. This is my third or fourth ride in 5 days, and he is the only person who said we should be given our due - I use Ola and Uber on an almost biweekly, if not daily basis.

Cannot talk about low end cheap folks. Even 200 is a lot for them.

300 is not quite a huge amount. Especially you're getting that much of data. Many are willing to wait more one month so that they'll improve call connectivity and they could Jump. That way it'll be VFM.

I dont get why people have to think it's expensive. If you were paying 200 bucks a month for data anyways, then this is cheaper for sure.

Of course, if you are from the 'kanjoos' category from Airtel AD - I am not blaming anyone, students etc come in that, then you cannot expect to use Jio. The very foundation on which they have built it is so that they will not make loss, by betting on a minimum ARPU. But I feel they should come out with a 1GB plan of 99 or less, which will be used by a majority of the people. Volume growth.

I am not MBA, but I believe they can use that to convert a lot of the 0 balance chaps to 99/month. Thats lost money which is going into the other operators.[DOUBLEPOST=1487881208][/DOUBLEPOST]
A big problem with switching to jio will be need for phones with VOLTE and other phones need to have 4g and the app installed and kept open all the time.

There is a bigger issue than that - bands. I have a Lyf phone and it sticks to B40 most of the time, and I get decent speeds. When it goes to B3 or B5 especially when travelling, it sucks. They need to address this issue, else those who are using Jio will stop.

^i think they should include free outgoing calling any network 100mb data per day for @₹50-₹70 this is affordable.
My family members does not use 1gb 4G data and it's wasted anyway. Only calling..

It would be difficult. You are basing your assumption that 100 MB would be enough. It wont. Secondly, it will lead to bickering. A small subset of the population may accept, but not the larger set.

Secondly, they have made their motto - No Roaming, No Call Charges in India - So if you have any plan, it's going to be free calling.

In another way, look at it like this -

Had Jio not come in, you would be paying 250 bucks per GB. Not cheap. Then coming to calling - local, STD and let's not forget roaming charges. Still expensive. And finally, SMS - something which should be in single digit paisa is also horrendously expensive.

Maybe not now, but surely in the future, yes.

Looks like the rumor of Rs 10/GB is now a reality. Finally Airtel also offering 10GB for ₹100 ( Says: it has nothing to do with Jio Prime)

Only a kid would believe Airtel's statements. Poor chaps.

Like the Transformers "Prime" . Fancy word though!

Its like a lucky draw, I got 1GB @ 100. Took it for now, will make this number a prepaid number or port to Jio next month. My experience with Airtel is no better than that with Jio - I get more all lines busy when calling other operators on Airtel more than Jio.[DOUBLEPOST=1487881833][/DOUBLEPOST]
^^ i think in that case you will be get only incoming calls free. No data and no outgoing calls. Because all their plans have UL calling facility with only difference in validity.

I don't think even incoming calls are there at all if the subscription is not active. Maybe a grace period, but no plan, number bandh.

Look at it this way, for 10 bucks a day you get 1gb and unlimited calling. It's a no-brainer, kanjoos, student or whatever.

Just as long as you don't depend on it as primary.[DOUBLEPOST=1487889228][/DOUBLEPOST]
... poor members of Digit...

???[DOUBLEPOST=1487889568][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Jio - users who have jio data on all day ? how long does battery last and the phone you use ?

I can't give you specific data but it's not much worse than on Vodafone 3g/4g. It was quite bad at the start but they've improved their network, i now get all three bands inside my flat, earlier 3 & 40 were barely at the window.

Redmi 3s prime and 2 prime

^^ok...
Seems that many replies here. So much quote for just a reply. (Member was rude in a way that's why I replied like this)

@Julian, sorry typo. I was about to sleep but one member was disrespectful.

@vivek.krishnan
Thats why operators have different tarrif plans. Thay know that not everyone going to use the same plan.

As per my Jio use, I only use calling no internet. Sometimes browsing sometimes app updating downloading.

As per 1 member told me ₹149 plan was good. But I spent monthly average ₹100. I can't afford adding ₹49+ monthly.

I know 4G or any technology come at cost. Pay some get some get satisfied.

But what about bargaining. Even for small value we bargain so much. These operators throw anything at us and we will have to accept it. Because everything comes at cost. And it is shame for all consumers.

Please leave it. Nothing important. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
^^ok...
Seems that many replies here. So much quote for just a reply. (Member was rude in a way that's why I replied like this)

@Julian, sorry typo. I was about to sleep but one member was disrespectful.

@vivek.krishnan
Thats why operators have different tarrif plans. Thay know that not everyone going to use the same plan.

As per my Jio use, I only use calling no internet. Sometimes browsing sometimes app updating downloading.

As per 1 member told me ₹149 plan was good. But I spent monthly average ₹100. I can't afford adding ₹49+ monthly.

I know 4G or any technology come at cost. Pay some get some get satisfied.

But what about bargaining. Even for small value we bargain so much. These operators throw anything at us and we will have to accept it. Because everything comes at cost. And it is shame for all consumers.

Please leave it. Nothing important. Have a nice day.

I beg to differ. This is a technology forum - He was just stating a fact - each of us has limits with their money power. Today, i can spend 2K per month on my mobile bill, but I could not do it 5-8 years back.

The 149 plan is practically useless unless you have WiFi at home, and have a VoLTE phone, as usage of the Jio 4G voice app will deduct your data.

Bargaining? You cannot bargain on your own. however, if your entire building chaps or a large number of people - say 50+ come together, you can get a corporate pack and that would have worked out much cheaper. Otherwise, you have the choice of not using the service.

I don't think any of us would mean any disrespect to any community or caste or religion or even to anyone who cannot afford something - this I have seen first hand at Lamington Road, even from the owner of PrimeABGB a long time back.

So how's Jio service nowadays in average? What % of people would be getting 5mbps+ (not just to Jio server)

I think the intention was to get a lot of customers and drive up the average monthly fee. . But I doubt many will commit money to Jio now that they have faced poor service. Maybe people who are getting good speeds constantly will commit.

^now speed decreased by 50% (600-700 kBps) in Mumbai, Specifically in Mahim Matunga Dadar Prabhadevi. In Worli area, this 600-700 is Reliance's 3G top speed.
And night unlimited also decreased. Don't know exact speed, but less total download than earlier.

^now speed decreased by 50% (600-700 kBps) in Mumbai, Specifically in Mahim Matunga Dadar Prabhadevi. In Worli area, this 600-700 is Reliance's 3G top speed.
And night unlimited also decreased. Don't know exact speed, but less total download than earlier.

Dude 600 kBps is 4.6mbps. Not bad i would say.

Dude 600 kBps is 4.6mbps. Not bad i would say.
But it was 1.2mBps to 1.9mB earlier, now this speed has decreased. And basically it's not 4G speed. But I can understand this is initial phase and infrastructure problem in India. Even 3G speeds are not upto mark.
Now Airtel is gearing up for 5G making towers ready for it. And after 5G there will be only software upgrade for next generations. 5G Is last. (Not fan of Airtel just read news)

False data shown in daily cap. 25 February 1GB cap is over @23.58 pm night. How is that possible?. It's still morning.

I am getting 1.5MBps download speeds in night 2-5am. But days different scenario. Band 40
Ohhhh that's great. Band 40? How you change bands in mobile? SoC engineering apks?
I downloaded 5.2 GB data in 2-5am free period. Don't know about speed.
How much data you downloaded? 4G Speed isn't constant right?

I'm able to download minimum 15 GB in night unlimited these days and have downloaded upto 40 GB on some other days. These days the max speed is always below 2MBps i.e from 1.2-1.6 while I used to be on 4MBps regularly earlier.
The max speed that I've witnessed was 57Mbps in Navi Mumbai in broad daylight unlike late night hours at other place which is quite commendable.
I travel extensively and have been using Jio since July'16 and it has proved to be an excellent companion given that I've not paid anything except for that crappy LYFless handset of 3K. The speeds have been perfectly acceptable to extraordinary while connectivity is in a very acceptable zone now. There was a brief period(almost a month) when data packet loss & connectivity were terrible, Sep-Nov, but after 1Gb daily limit it has been a very smooth sailing.

Due to my roaming needs I was on Idea plan of 1599, giving almost unlimited call at home and roaming both with 8GB of data. Billing amount was close to 1800-1900 rupees per month and add to it that they didn't even respond to my complaint of non working data service for more than a month and charged me full rental and also had the audacity to reply to my complaint immediately(which otherwise was unanswered for 45 days despite 3 reminders) when they disconnected my number in second month after I refused to pay for non availability of service. I was left with no network in my sim while roaming. That was it for me, dumped these morons immediately after 4 long and painful years. They extended lot many waivers and offers but I didn't budge.
Now my monthly bill can't extend Rs 303 pm and no premium on my roaming. Connectivity to BSNL is pain at times but I've got my long time vodafone to help me out.
I'll certainly go with Jio prime.

Attachments

• IMG_1625.PNG
    IMG_1625.PNG
    913 KB · Views: 213
But it was 1.2mBps to 1.9mB earlier, now this speed has decreased. And basically it's not 4G speed. But I can understand this is initial phase and infrastructure problem in India. Even 3G speeds are not upto mark.
Now Airtel is gearing up for 5G making towers ready for it. And after 5G there will be only software upgrade for next generations. 5G Is last. (Not fan of Airtel just read news)

False data shown in daily cap. 25 February 1GB cap is over @23.58 pm night. How is that possible?. It's still morning.

Btw, Jio claims to be 5G ready too since their n/w is all IP MPLS based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back