User Review JBL Flip

There are many bluetooth speakers but the real contenders for my choice were Logitech Boombox and JBL Flip.After checking reviews of Logitech v/s JBL finally took the dip for JBL Flip.

JBL Flip:
Charged it for first time before use and it was fully charged in approx 2.5 hrs and its still going with 3 hrs of approx playback but its battery playback time is 5 hrs officially but only way to tell its on low battery is when it starts flashing red on power button. During usage only bluetooth was used but it does have aux-in for wired playback.

The Package-
JBL Flip box contains the Flip soundbar, a zip cover for Flip, proprietary charging adapter.

Sound Quality-
I tested sound quality of JBL Flip on music ,games , movies, calls by connecting it to my phone Sony Xperia S to it.

Music- Played songs get lucky , suit & tie and internet radio. I have to say the sound levels are great. Most of the time 70 percent volume is enough for a room-filling sound. By playing at 100 percent there was some distortion and you do loose clarity .

Games- Played games on android like most wanted, zombiewood and the games sounded great with speakers.
Loved the effects by placing speaker in front and playing the games.

Movie- Watched avengers for 30 min and i must say was happy with audio clarity of dialogues and but high action scenes led to some distortion.

Calls- checked with 1 min call for testing.Calls sound clear but you should be within close microphone range for other person to hear your voice in noisy environment.

I would say totally happy with the product.Calling features for need but the real deal is its great sound. Only issue for some maybe usb charging but charging by its on proprietary charger.But overall will give 4 out of 5 to such a great product .

This is my first review so it can have possible shortcomings.

Last edited:
Back