Java vs Dot Net .... Jop oppurtunity. Please adivise

Hey guys,
I am a MCA 2011 graduate. Got placed in Nagarro few days back. Today was my 2nd day and i got Dot Net as my technology. I can pursue them to give me java if i want. Most people out there say i should get java but i will have better opportunities with dot net. But then again dot net is easy so it will have more people in it which increase the competition. I know java basic only and nothing about dot net.

Am very confused. I have to talk to them tomm, 14-oct-11 at 10 am. Kindly suggest , should i opt for java or Dot net. And not just from now point of view but also from future point of view

Doesn't make much of a difference IMO, both of them have plenty of job opportunities. It isn't like Java is difficult either, so your logic of .NET being easier and hence having more people in it is flawed.

no idea about which is going to be better for the future...but i did java last semester and doing dotnet this semester. Difficulty level, exactly the same!

Thank you for your response.

I keep on hearing things like java got almost over few years back and it was saved by android. Dot net is not portable and since it is not free so it is not good. 1000 people, 1000 words. M just confused as what should i go for.

doesn't matter, once you get used to any one of them you can easily go over to other.

Visual studio 2010 is one awesome IDE though, makes coding fun.

^^

thnxx

Thats what i was thinking. I will try and ask them to give me java tomm. For now they have given me Dot net. If they agree good n i will stick wid java otherwise its dot net.

Thnx guyzzz. THank you all of you

Gn. Kal kab bahut jaldee aayege !! Gn

That's right. You said what I'd like to say. 1000 peoples 1000 words, and that'd confuse you.

Choose what you love. Don't think it's easy so many people will be inclined towards it. Nothing is easy in this world man.

If you like Java, your love for Java will make it easier and vice-versa.

Check out the fun thing, if you think Java is fun, you'd have more fun solving problems on Java rather than in .NET. So choose what you like.

On a side note, both have their own prospects and both have money and good carrer.

So just choose what you like more instead of thinking about oppurtunities and carrer.

Good Luck :D

Language does not matter. Both languages are good and they have great scope. Stop comparing between them and go with the one you enjoy to work with.

Hey guyz.. am back agian.

Finally decided to stick with Dot net. Because of friends. hehe.

Now they asked me to choose between Windows Applcation Development and Web Development.

Suggestions please. How is the scope in both of them.

P.S i love coding

ya thats wht i thought so. They gave me windows application, i asked them to switch me to web development. They said it would be done by monday.

Hope i decided correctly

Back