Java Malware using too much CPU & Not being detected

TheBroker

Skilled
Hi,

I've a problem with a java based malware on my PC.

My pc was using both it's cores heavily >50% even when idle. I scanned with MSFT Security Essentials. It showed me 6 malware based on Java ( which is updated ). It removed them and instantly the CPU usage dropped to 5-10%

I restarted and the problem persisted... Downloaded MBAM and it didn't find anything. Another Security essentials scan didn't find anything. Took Eset Smart Security & Symantec Endpoint from my Office IT admin & scanned it, but to no avail.The problem is going on..

Please help.. I've seen some other people on the web having this problem but their threads have yielded no solution...

Please post if you want any screenshots.. or anything that can help me solve the problem..

Thanking You in Advance

My system specs - Windows 7 ulitmate ( totally updated ) , Intel C2D, 2 year old Dell Inspiron 1525, Currently installed AVs - Eset & Symantec

@broker: use combofix and be assured to get rid of all that junky yunky thing :)

before doing so disable your antivirus.a.k.a it will prompt you for the same.

also in browser you may try to delete/disable any suspicious addons.

Also try creating a new account and del old acc. if you hit a dead end before re-install. Of course simple old Msconfig for suspicious startup files.

Whatever you did until now do with Internet connection turned off and in safe mode.

The reason it runs on startup is because it was java enabled. Should've tried uninstalled JDK/Java and then deleted all java files related to it and then reinstalled the JDK.

Back