Jack Kallis, not Tendulkar is the greatest player of our generation. Discuss!

srkmish

Disciple
If you were to ask the 15 year old me with a fanatic devotion for cricket, i would get furious at someone who would say anything otherwise. However, i cant help marvel at the cricketing achievements of Kallis as i grow older and less cricket frenzied. Nearing 25000 runs plus 560 wickets and test average at 55 plus ODI average at 45 makes him better than any other cricketer this generation. Its really a pity that he isn't revered as much. Partly due to the second class treatment to cricket in SA and partly due to blind fanaticism that surrounds Sachin Tendulkar.

If you were to ask the 15 year old me with a fanatic devotion for cricket, i would get furious at someone who would say anything otherwise. However, i cant help marvel at the cricketing achievements of Kallis as i grow older and less cricket frenzied. Nearing 25000 runs plus 560 wickets and test average at 55 plus ODI average at 45 makes him better than any other cricketer this generation. Its really a pity that he isn't revered as much. Partly due to the second class treatment to cricket in SA and partly due to blind fanaticism that surrounds Sachin Tendulkar.
Who cares what anyone scored, the local guy is always the hero. Don't you watch American movies? I am sure there must be some in all those downloads you been doing :D

Calls himself a fan.

Doesn't know the spelling. Its Jacques.
Where did i mention i was a Fan. Also, what if i spell it wrong ?[DOUBLEPOST=1385573412][/DOUBLEPOST]
Discuss...

Dunno why people write this in the heading.. As if threads wont have a discussion unless somebody mentions the 'magic' word.. DISCUSS
Ah! That is my magic mantra to initiate discussions which has bore fruition.

JK is a legend. He is the best all rounder I have seen really. Still I can't or won't say he is greater than Sachin, whatever you are talking about cricket pioneers here.

Back