Graphic Cards Is this temp safe

CA50

Skilled
I posses a MSI 8800GT OC edition and its 3 yrs old. The current idle temp is ~44C. Is this temp safe or should i clean my gfx card and reapply TIM.:S

thanks for your tym :)

I reckon those temps are fine for a 8800 factory OCed card. Though you have nothing to lose and can even stand to gain an even lower idle temp by thoroughly cleaning the fan/heatsink assembly and re-TIMing the GPU.

CA50 said:
I posses a MSI 8800GT OC edition and its 3 yrs old. The current idle temp is ~44C. Is this temp safe or should i clean my gfx card and reapply TIM.:S

thanks for your tym :)
What happens on game load.

@ above +1,

Yea what happens on game load is the important thing , i was getting 45c at idle but while playing Spiderman SS it went to 82c, next day i cleaned my entire pc , dusted of the heatsink and played again , idle was 42c(just 3 c drop) but while playing the same game the max it went to was 72c

I will post in the evening

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Played crysis for an hour:p and here is a screenshot

33c7jbb.jpg

CA50 said:
I will post in the evening

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Played crysis for an hour:p and here is a screenshot

33c7jbb.jpg
That's more than perfectly ok, don't worry. I remember my 7100 GS used to go beyond 105 degree celcius.

rely on hwmonitor and softwares bundled with ur card only :) , 68 c is fine :) , mine has gone hiughest upto 86 wen dust was der and 78 wen cleaned , my gpu is ati 5770

my 6850 load temp incresing 1c day by day..started frm 80 last week nd nw its reaching 85...btw mine is a local circle cabin wit no side panel...

Back