Is this PSU worth it?

Fenrir7427

Recruit
Dec 17, 2023
There's an offer on flip kart on a refurbished PSU Gigabyte gp p750GM 750 watt gold smps.. Is it a good deal? Or take a completely new one!

dvader

Adept
Jan 2, 2023
:D:D

Wow, DO not I repeat DO NOT buy this. They are the RMA'd versions of the time bombs.

I mean you might get a good product but why risk it. There is a reason it's selling dirt cheap. And you wanna gamble your system on this seller???

x.png

If you want a PSU, buy used from here at TE or even Gameloot.

Last edited:

dvader

Adept
Jan 2, 2023
Its the famous flipping kart so no ways you can be assured on the product quality.
And never with a psu, always buy a brand new from trusted sellers.
Yup, @OP this is the best advise

However, if you are short on money, my recommendation is to always buy a used Tier-1 PSU than a new Tier-3/4 PSU; Given that you are buying from a trusted source and the PSU hasn't been worked on by anyone.

Last edited:

guest_999

Adept
Apr 5, 2012
There's an offer on flip kart on a refurbished PSU Gigabyte gp p750GM 750 watt gold smps.. Is it a good deal? Or take a completely new one!
I wouldn't even recommend flipkart for buying new pc components nowadays let alone refurbished.

Fenrir7427

Recruit
Dec 17, 2023
Its the famous flipping kart so no ways you can be assured on the product quality.
And never with a psu, always buy a brand new from trusted sellers.
Can you suggest me good sites to buy from as generally offline stores sell the item at a huge price compared to online.
And second thing the person who suggest me this PSU for the PC build recommended a RAM By patriot ram DDR4 is that good or should I change?

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Mar 24, 2005
51nD m3!
www.techenclave.com
Can you suggest me good sites to buy from as generally offline stores sell the item at a huge price compared to online.
And second thing the person who suggest me this PSU for the PC build recommended a RAM By patriot ram DDR4 is that good or should I change?
Patriot is good but you can also opt for corsair or gskill.
You can shop stuff from trusted online sellers like primeabgb, mdcomputers, vedantcomputers etc.

dvader

Adept
Jan 2, 2023
I wouldn't even recommend flipkart for buying new pc components nowadays let alone refurbished.
You are absolutely correct. I can give an exception for top tier manufacturers like Intel, AMD or Samsung. But that's not because of Flipkart it's the manufacturer's reputation of honoring their warranty. Buying something from a flipkart is like speed dating, you gonna have a great night but there is no way in hell you're gonna see the girl the next day. And forget PC I wouldn't recommend buying anything from Flipkart except for cheap daily use stuff.

guest_999

Adept
Apr 5, 2012
Go with a brand having well established after sales support in India which basically means corsair/crucial/g.skill.

Reactions: Fenrir7427

Tarantula

Disciple
Feb 8, 2023

It is not always true. Many times, I have purchased computer parts from physical stores costing less than those on online marketplaces in India.

rockyo27

Adept
May 24, 2020
Don't buy used/refurbished pc parts from either one Amazon or flipkart. It will be like flipping a coin u may get a good part or may not.
As far as that psu goes, I am using it from last 3 yrs, both p750gm and p850gm. Only had to do RMA of one unit and that too when it didn't start when i used it after few days from last system start.....otherwise haven't had any single issue with either of them. Even one of them was working 24x7 in a system used as server. Had even used 3080ti with it without any issue.
Only once did i bought the cooler master in 2018 after that have bought only gigabyte from 450w bronze unit till 850w gold ones. Never had any issue which may cause problem with my system.

Last edited:

NikhilSingh25

Disciple
Dec 19, 2023
I Have had the 850w gold variant since jan last year. But now it won't turn on , i tried jumpstarting , but the fan mover a little like one cm and then stops no power output.
NO idea what happened to it . gonna ask customer support once i find the bill. my suggestion ignore gigabyte they just seem of poor quality.

rockyo27

Adept
May 24, 2020
What model u have....usually gigabyte won't ask for bill....they work with serial number......this can happen with any gpu

NikhilSingh25

Disciple
Dec 19, 2023
What model u have....usually gigabyte won't ask for bill....they work with serial number......this can happen with any gpu
i have gigabyte pb850gm 80 plus gold modular power supply. I don't have much experience with service centers so i asked a friend and he said you need a bill, that's why I'm still searching for it.

NikhilSingh25

Disciple
Dec 19, 2023
Can u tell me who to contact for warranty , it says proof of purchase necessary on their website. How do i claim the warranty ?

rockyo27

Adept
May 24, 2020
If you are in delhi/ncr then go to nehru place. Gigabyte service center is there.
They don't check bill untill part is in warranty by serial number/manufacturing date. They will test and then raise the rma.
For other places check gigabyte site for locations and call them up to know about the requirements.

NikhilSingh25

Disciple
Dec 19, 2023
got off a call from collection center here in ludhiana. first the lady asked me to bring the bill , then i told her i thought u don't need a bill to claim warranty. Then she agreed and asked me to bring the power supply will see what happens now.