is this Gray market or Distributor deals for lcd/led?

olapon

Disciple
Hi All,

I am looking to buy lcd tv & started to get first hand knowledge, saw few in west delhi showrooms, & got to know prices.

Searching same on net, I have noticed few adds like below for SONY & samsing Models:

ORIGINAL & GENUINE SONY AND SAMSUNG LCD/LED TV AT WHOLESALE PRICE.

- LESS THAN MARKET PRICE

- SEALED PACK

- ALL MODELS AVAILABLE

- 100% GENUINE

BX42/40(LCD)=32500 D5500/40(SMART TV)=41000

The prices is very tempting and within my budget and the dealers says 100% GENUINE.

Can any one help me to understand, what this price diff, or is there any catch here that i am missing.

The products might be actually genuine, but it's very likely these are grey market prices. So the drawback would be no warranty. Check carefully on the warranty terms; whether its even available, and if so whether its dealer provided (grey market) or manufacturer provided.

Most probably there will not be any manufacturer warranty and as #[member='Superbad'] mentioned, these are mostly brought from Thailand and sold here. Couple of years back i had bought a 46" Sony LCD TV from grey market.

Sony India price officially was like 1.6 Lakh but i got for 1.1 L in grey. Works fine till now (*touchwood*).

But yes it is a big risk (especially with higher priced TV).

- LESS THAN MARKET PRICE

That alone is an indication of a grey market sale without warranty or with vendor warranty.

Regarding ASS, you are struck with vendor warranty or no warranty with such sales, but Sony at least does accept imported products or products purchased outside India for paid repairs. The repair charges as per their policy will be twice that of out of warranty items bought through legitimate channels in India.

Back