PC Peripherals Is this bad?

Aditya

Skilled
123122ep.jpg

I dont think its a bug. Lol. Is this bad?????
5000Hz Polling..

Copperhead @ 1000Hz and 2000DPI btw....

yea playing on a razer mouse without the drivers is pointless so you'll have to take them wherever you go. feels horrible without them installed. however, a lot of people even on razerblueprints.net reported that the copperhead wasn't doing a stable 1000hz polling. have you updated to the latest firmware? i dont think its a problem with the mouseratechecker software. my diamondback plasma was doing a stable 750hz without fluctuations like that.

Ive been there.

Its not really a problem because if im moving the mouse it stays around 1000. Its when i stop moving that it fluctuates.

Thanx anyways, ill look if theres a way to fix this.

Sorry to threadjack, but I get a sampling rate of just 124 mhz about.

How is it so low ? I have installed the drivers and everything.

I have a Mx518.

MX518 has polling of 125 Hz. Even the G5 is that much. Thats why i preffered the Copperhead over the G5.

It can be pushed to 500Hz with some software but i wudnt recommend it.

Oh, ok cool. I just saw on the net where the polling rate was 742 mhz. So I thought there was something wrong with my mouse !

You can use 1000hz with the mx518, or any usb gaming mouse for that matter.
It's only the windows o/s that uses 125hz as default as anything above increases cpu usage slightly. Even a copperhead can't do 125hz unless you install the drivers.

Get the usb mouserate switcher here.
Boot in safe mode - run the file - press Y/N for whatever rate you want (250, 500, 1000 or revert to default).

no you can't use with any usb mouse. most of them will stop responding beyond 500hz. some people have even reported permanent damage when using older mice like IE 3.0 at 500hz or higher. the last time i checked the MX510 could be pushed upto a stable 450hz. my diamondback plasma can go up to 750hz where its stable. at 1000hz it just stops responding but a few other people have reported positive results. i think i even read an article where Razer themselves talk about how the diamondback plasma can do a stable 1000hz but most people haven't gotten it to work. the mx518 uses the exact same sensor as the diamondback plasma (ADNS-3080 from Agilent) so i wouldn't bet on it doing any better.

@goldenfrag, the G5 has a polling rate of 500hz out of the box without the need to patch windows. (drivers are still required i think)

personally, i don't feel the need to go above 500hz as i didn't find much of an improvement with higher numbers. 125 -> 500 was a nice big leap though.

Yea meant 500hz only, don't notice any difference above that anyway.

I try not to mention 1000hz and damage in the same line anymore, even though so many problems have been reported.

Ok, will increasing the refresh rate to 500 hz in ANY way damage the mouse ? I dont mind a little CPU increase, but dont want to damage the mouse.

Depending on which mice.

The Diamondback and MX518 can do 500Hz. Not the older ones though.

There should not be any damage to your Hardware.

BF1983 you're on an mx518 right? then you shouldn't have any problems. my diamondback plasma which has the same sensor didn't have any trouble at all. the cpu usage increase wasn't noticeable either.

Back