Laptops Is this a good deal? Dell Studio 15

indy1811

Skilled
Hi Guys,

Just got the attached quote from a dell rep.

Do you guys think it's a good deal or can i get any further discounts?

See the attached file for further details.

Any dealers on TE who can get me a better price?

He quoted me 43850/- incl delivery to Bangalore

Here are a few suggestions:

1. The Purple color doesn't look as shown on the picture. It mostly looks black from far and in dim light.

2. Go for a 500GB HDD which I guess would cost you more by around 1.2k

3. What Freebies are you getting along with this? You MUST either bargain for a belkin backpack or a Bluetooth Dell Travel Mouse. Each of them cost between 1.2k - 1.5k. (Trust me they DO give it if you bargain!)

Rest everything looks fine. Even I am using Studio 1537 and a friend of mine just a new one delivered last monday. :) They are great!

^it's for my sis and she was adamant that it must be purple...I'm getting a Laser mouse free...

Amol, how much did ur friend pay for it? and is this price ok?

i dont think the creative software solution would be of much use...the sound quality is not gonna change by any hugemargin just because of that software..and as amol said settle for no less than a backpack or bluetooth mouse as freebies....laser mouse is around 700 bucks but the other two around 1.3 K
btw guys i'm also planning to get this laptop...but im just going for the default 1 yr warranty...3 yr warranty wud cost abt 7000 bucks more..is it really necessary to get the 3 yrs warranty??

warlord15 said:
i dont think the creative software solution would be of much use...the sound quality is not gonna change by any hugemargin just because of that software..and as amol said settle for no less than a backpack or bluetooth mouse as freebies....laser mouse is around 700 bucks but the other two around 1.3 K
btw guys i'm also planning to get this laptop...but im just going for the default 1 yr warranty...3 yr warranty wud cost abt 7000 bucks more..is it really necessary to get the 3 yrs warranty??

depends on ur luck :tongue:

in 1 year my dell laptop all parts excluding the case, lcd , kb were all replaced 3 times :p now you go figure it out ;)

archish said:
depends on ur luck :tongue:

in 1 year my dell laptop all parts excluding the case, lcd , kb were all replaced 3 times :p now you go figure it out ;)

thats true dell is not what it was yrs ago. they r just selling crap now a days.

Here's what i got through Dell Croma branch:
Total cost was Rs. 51,700 with delivery but carries no tax :)
Best part was that i got 1 yr complete coverage, Dell Laser, and a creative EP earphones.
It actually took a very short period from the cash payment at Croma on 20th august to a delivery this morning 27th august (excluding the weekend)..i'm very impressed with Dell indeed :hap2:

zenflox said:
Here's what i got through Dell Croma branch:
Total cost was Rs. 51,700 with delivery but carries no tax :)
Best part was that i got 1 yr complete coverage, Dell Laser, and a creative EP earphones.
It actually took a very short period from the cash payment at Croma on 20th august to a delivery this morning 27th august (excluding the weekend)..i'm very impressed with Dell indeed :hap2:

buy it if u think so. but i just suggest please take 2 yr extra warrenty if u intend to use it more then 1 yr

if you apply for 3 years complete cover, then you will get 8% discount.I am not sure whether it is applicable for purchases more than 52k...

Raider123 said:
if you apply for 3 years complete cover, then you will get 8% discount.I am not sure whether it is applicable for purchases more than 52k...

Well that fine if budget is issue try only 3 yr warrenty and 1 yr cover that will be fine. but i suggest go with 3 yrs

If u are getting corporate discount of 5%, with 3 year complete cover cover u can get 8% so overall cost diff will not be much and is worth it IMHO.

Raider123 said:

I have configured a studio 14 with 3 years complete cover for 49000/- so please tell me if that 8% discount will be on 49000/- or on just the 3 year complete cover price of 5900/-..

thankx in advance

btw, i'd suggest a couple of upgrades that wont cost much but matter a lot:

1. Upgrade to 64 bit OS, it only costs 100 bucks or so

2. Upgrade your LCD. 720p is horrible for any use other than watching movies/playing games..

shantanugoel said:
btw, i'd suggest a couple of upgrades that wont cost much but matter a lot:
1. Upgrade to 64 bit OS, it only costs 100 bucks or so
2. Upgrade your LCD. 720p is horrible for any use other than watching movies/playing games..

Yes correct i agree on both. games sucks as you have to play only on max res else screen with with box

izzner said:
I have configured a studio 14 with 3 years complete cover for 49000/- so please tell me if that 8% discount will be on 49000/- or on just the 3 year complete cover price of 5900/-..

thankx in advance

discount will be on the total amount before tax.

Back