PC Peripherals Is there is a way to connect a USB-C monitor to a DP/HDMI input?

Hey there,

Looking to find a cable or adapter which would allow me to connect my GPU's DP to a portable USB-C only monitor.

This is great list for all such cables:

But cannot find anything in India, that is not at a ridiculous price. Any other method to get video input is also appreciated.

Considering the niche use case, this seems fine. You can't expect a ₹500 wire as it is a niche use case, so low demand.
Considering a regular, good quality USB-C to HDMI cable, which is much more commonly used, costs ~1.5k, this isn't expensive at all.

Niche products, which sell in volumes a fraction of regular products, can never be as cheap. It's less about demand and more about economies of scale.

The production volume is far too small to manufacture it cheaply. And lower volumes also drive up per unit transportation and storage costs. One order of HDMI cables might sit in your inventory for a month. One order of these cables could sit in your inventory for years.

Considering a regular, good quality USB-C to HDMI cable, which is much more commonly used, costs ~1.5k, this isn't expensive at all.

Niche products, which sell in volumes a fraction of regular products, can never be as cheap. It's less about demand and more about economies of scale.

The production volume is far too small to manufacture it cheaply. And lower volumes also drive up per unit transportation and storage costs. One order of HDMI cables might sit in your inventory for a month. One order of these cables could sit in your inventory for years.
Type C to HDMI adapters or cables are still relatively cheap, unless 4K 60Hz is needed, like 500-600. So 2.5k or even 1.5k is relatively expensive, Else, I agree that what OP wants is something that might even sit on the shelf for a long time vs a huge volume product like HDMI cables which costs a few hundred.

I see a couple of them for 1000-1300. Does it have to say "bidirectional"? I thought that was implied for cables...

I see a couple of them for 1000-1300. Does it have to say "bidirectional"? I thought that was implied for cables...
For OP's use case, bidirectional is needed, else usually type C acts as video in & HDMI as video out. I think HDMI or cabling aren't the issue, but the type C side is, for single directional ones (just a theory).

Back