Android Is there any half-decent music player on android?

Poweramp
it's paid app & worth it.
I quite didn't like it last time I used it.
Did you try Phonograph?

Yes. Its a Google Music clone.

The Auto playlist is the most important feature that I require.

BTW, I grabbed a modified apk of Sony Walkman and it fits my needs.

In case you are still looking would also recommend JOOX. It is a bit shiny for some, is a Chinese App, but it fits my need. (Also, a quarter mill downloads is good testimony).

Would like to hear more about your thoughts on Sony Walkman.

[QUOTE="pauldmps, post: 2054948, member: 39888"I am looking for a decent music player with the following features:

1. Auto playlist support: Recently Added, Most Played, Recently Played, etc.
2. Ability to sort by Album, artist, and songs
3. A decent equalizer (fancy features like bass boost, etc. are not required)
4. Good UI & Navigation
5. Ability to create playlist and arrange songs in the playlist.

My search upto now on the Play Store did not yield any app that fits my requirements. Its only filled with Google Play Music clones. I hate that UI/[/QUOTE]

I'm using GoneMAD player and it ticks all your requirements plus it only costs 0.99 cents.

Power Amp Version 3 Now Available As A Public Alpha

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...for-version-3-with-a-new-audio-engine-and-ui/
http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8494-poweramp-alpha-build-700/
According to the developer, the biggest changes in the upcoming version are a new audio processing engine and new visualizations. Of course that's not all - there's a huge list of improvements and adjustments that are coming along for the ride, including support for third-party plugins.

I was just thinking of buying PowerAmp. Current owners get the newer version, right ?

I was just thinking of buying PowerAmp. Current owners get the newer version, right ?

This ALPHA build is restricted to per-user install. You have to save your old settings (from older builds available via the Play Store) download the apk from their forums. Install and restore settings.

And yes, paid PowerAmp users get the latest version of the application. I have been using that and am pretty satisfied.

Will try the Onkyo as well but the number of formats supported is way lesser.

I had suggested a music player in this thread earlier. Sadly, I haven't been happy with the later versions of the app... being incorporated with annoying ads, and lacking some features which I required later on, like editing tags, or wanting to see properties of a song.

I searched for another app, and I have found Rocket Player to be quite good. Using it nowadays.

Back