Audio Is the PL30 a worthy upgrade over the PL11?

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
Guys,

I had the PL11 and loved them. Were paired with a Ipod touch and occasionally with the N79. I loved them. I, in a wierd mix of events landed up giving the Ipod touch to a cousin who was leaving for hostel and won't return in about 4-5 years.

Well so was left with nothing more than the N79. Loved them over it too. Now i have sold off the N79 and bought a Zte Blade to learn my way into the android system. The only down part - Earphone sound is very low (also not as clear as nokia's, have tried 3 roms and various players, but still seems very ohkish) and not enjoyable. i love my music loud and clear.

Also, the PL11's started giving lose connection issues soon after i sold my N79, may be were heart broken
<
. So, sent them for RMA to Prime and after giving several calls, have come to know that they are out of soundmagic stock and the only replacement is a PL30 (with extra 200 bucks and will get a 6months warranty).

Only, question is, are they worth the upgrade? I can wait for them to restock the PL11's (which they have notified wont happen any sooner than a month atleast) as i have bought a JVC MM from Pristine note, and suprisingly are better than my expectations.

So guys, please suggest what should i do? Wait for the Pl11's or upgrade to the PL30? Are they really bass-less? I do intend to buy a Music player in near future to pair these earphones with. As of now am stuck with my Blade!

I have not heard the PL11. But based on what I read, PL30 is a different beast compared to PL11. PL11 concentrates on bass while PL30 has mids, highs and sound stage as the focus. It should be pretty different. Probably a E10 would serve you better as an upgrade. But, I don't think it's available locally yet and it won't be at the price point of Pl11/PL30 either ($35 from MP4Nation).

i did ask for the pl21. but it seems they only have the pl30. nothing else. How is the pl30 compared to the pl11? I have heard the pl21 and liked them too. But have never heard the pl30 and it seems from many a reviews that it is almost bass -less. I love some thump at times not always. But don't want to end up with bass shy iems.

as esanthosh said, the e10 would be a appropriate upgrade to the pl 11 ...e10 is a solid iem....good bass, nice aggressive mids and decent treble....its an all rounder....luckily, its available in india now...here are the links...i would suggest you to go for the e10 ...here are the links

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-SoundMagic+E10M+In-Ear-Headphone_C19P13226.html

http://www.flipkart.com/soundmagic-e10m-black/p/itmd65cybez3xbst?pid=ACCD65CXGMSWXPJU

if you like your bass more than anything else, you would be disappointed with the pl 30....

sorry OP, but can i add my case as well to this : well, the name is same, and the issuse is almost same as well, i got my pl11's last valentine's from prime, and broke them this valentine , :/
<
and miss them now, they served me well...... i got my frnd brainwavz m1 from our very own pristinenote for 1650/-, now my budget is around 1k, m1 don't cost the same and even i love some bass in my songs, but i seriously missed the mids in the pl11 , so wont be going back there and even the m1 lacked Bass ..... if you guys could help, i'd be happy, Thanks OP , hope you get what you are looking for
<

now my exams are almost over , and i desperately need an IEM next week , went to pristinenote and they said about the unavailbility of mp21s and also talked about the issues of importing sansa players here on .... sad news, :/ . anyhow, i am going to get just ok enough earphones cause my 5800 can't drive shit. it really doesnt make any major difference whasoever , if the source is weak..... but i still will give one go for some good iem's under 1-1.5k...

p.s. getting the Asus xonar DG from pristine after getting one for a friend of mine, huge upgrade over the onboard audio
<

I just ordered the SoundMAGIC PL11 from flipkart after "listenin to ya all". It better be good, else someone gonna get a hurt real bad!
<

I just got my PL11 delivered today and I should say, I'm disappointed with it. All the hype and talk about this headset doesn't seem to have materialized from my perspective. I'm planning to sell it off, anyone interested, let me know. I just tested it for like 30mins, otherwise as good as new.

I just got my PL11 delivered today and I should say, I'm disappointed with it. All the hype and talk about this headset doesn't seem to have materialized from my perspective. I'm planning to sell it off, anyone interested, let me know. I just tested it for like 30mins, otherwise as good as new.

The PL-11s are known to get better as they burn-in. The bass definitely picked up in quality as did the overall sound quality with increasing use in my case. Also try and get a proper ear-fit/seal with the different earbuds. They do make quite a difference.

alright, thank you for the suggestion, I'll try burning them
<

I'm not sure how much it is going to improve, but I'll give it about 100hrs and then listen to it

Back