Is Samsung Galaxy S overpriced @ 27.5k?

Hey all need ur opinion asap! Just saw the phone and its freaking awesome! Available for 27.5k(last piece is with the dealer). I've taken time till evening to decide. The wave is also nice, but the galaxy S had this awesome"NESS" factor to it.. So please give thoughts about it..
:huh:
TIA~

slightly OT:

@sathyanaidu, now that you've seen the galaxy S, how is its build quality? Does it feel plasticky or does it have a solid "feel" to it?

Depends. Wave clearly is very nicely priced because Samsung wants to promote its BADA OS. But galaxy is the best hardware specd phone currently with 4" display. So if you want larger screen and Android apps go for Galaxy which also is pretty well priced in comparison to its competitors.

24k would've been a stunning price but the current price is in-line with competition. Look at the specs and then compare it with the phones in sub-25k category. This phone pawns them all. Then you compare The phone with phones in 30k+ category and it almost pawns them all too. So, yes, it's a fair price and is aggressive too.

haider_up32 said:
i was wondering how much manufacturers have to pay to google for android on their phones???
Absolutely nothing, Android is open source and freely licensed. Also, I hear it is based on the Apache license, which allows firms to build close source products like Sense, Touchwiz etc on top of Android. That's why its taking over the world

I just couldn't stand the way the Wave looked(looks just like any other samsung phone from 10k ~ 20k). So here I am, hopefully I won't regret my decision buying THE phone and going bankrupt, coz this one looked like it could even turn iphone users green with envy(its just a thought, don't slaughter me apply fanbois! Please!)..

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

More pics n maybe a mini review by tomorrow morning.

Congrats.. So you got it at last. 27.5k is a cool price considering the prices of the phones it competes with.

btw is this the final retail price or a special price for you alone? Also if you can, do review the phone. I would like to know about the build quality.

^ Thank you, the pricing is for me alone, but I can get it for 28k, maybe a couple hundred bucks cheaper if more people need it.
The dealer got 5 phones, all sold, and he sold 17 Waves today..

i beleive it is going to be my next phone. the large 4" screen is tempting me to choose it over Wave. The Glaxy S is available for Rs. 26800 in Delhi. Confirmed with the dealer here. Will be buying next month most probably.
Anyways Congrats to you. How is the phone?? Tell me some bads if you've felt any?

OK. will update you if there is any fall in price.
And, please check when you get time that the phone's default music player supports FLACs or not? and do share about the music quality through Loudspeakers and eaphones?

haven't used the phone yet after getting it from the showroom, figuring out a way to transfer contacts from nokia phone to the SGS, any clue on how to do it?

Back