Graphic Cards is my card broke or motherboard?

chad1073

Recruit
The problem IS THE SCREEN IS ALL blocky with little squares of colors!! the computer boots up and every thing i can hear the windows start up sound but cant see shit! It all started when my monitor got all blury so i thought my ati x800lx needed to be reinstalled.So uninstalled drivers took out the card witch got kinda stuck when i had the little tab pushed back so the card came out kinda forcefull :( well any way i reinstalled the card thats when my computer just started with all those little color blocks!So i tried to get into the bios but still all i could see was little blocks and lines. so took out the card again and pluged another monitor into the onboard graphic's.so my on board graphics work fine.I just cant install my graphic card into the pcie slot witch sux cuzz i want to play bf2!Well any ways im taking it back to bestbuy and i hope its just the card hate to install new motherboard.So if anyone ever had this problem please respond and tell me what it was.
my specs: motherboard intel 915gag 1 gig of ddr 400,and ati radeon x800lx

chad said:
took out the card witch got kinda stuck when i had the little tab pushed back so the card came out kinda forcefull well any way i reinstalled the card thats when my computer just started with all those little color blocks!

Just dont mention this when you go for the rma ;) and next time be extra careful when you plugin or plugout cards.

Back