CPU/Mobo Is it worth waiting for haswell

Wait for it. Will be worth it.

What the hell, why not wait for Broadwell? That, my friend, will be even better :p

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and initial prices will be off the roof too :p

So ensure you have enough cash to get a piece of Haswell.

No no no...you don't wait...when they launch with high price then we'll wait for price to fall.til then only few months for the next iteration.just get the present one if you want..

Just went through the wiki page, from what I understood is that they are using trigate transistors on same 22nm process to reduce the power consumption and has a more powerful gpu. which doesnt make sense as you will buy discreate gpu anyways.

IMO, if you have time then wait for it to release, which will trigger the pricefall of ivybridge. then buy the ivybridge. else just buy ivybridge.

just asking

I know mate. The thing is I have gone through the same thought process. According to me its not worth waiting if there are no significant additions that you will actually use.
I am waiting since the days of dual core, you can go on waiting that way. I ultimately went with IVY because of some PCI 3.0 and stuff.
If you feel Haswell will have the additional features that you use, wait for it.

There is no point in waiting as far as technology is concerned. There would new things coming every now and then. You can buy something that is latest right now but after sometime it will become a outdated technology.

It depends on ur ability to wait and your satisfaction with current setup or what u were not able to do with ur current rig.

There is no point in waiting as far as technology is concerned. There would new things coming every now and then. You can buy something that is latest right now but after sometime it will become a outdated technology.

Omg... Is it? I did not know that. :banghead:

Will Haswell be a huge jump in performance?
YES

Will Haswell cost in the range of -+-10-20% of Ivy?
Yes

Will prices of Ivy decrease after Haswell launch?
No

Will there be a huge upgrade for Haswell for another 12-20 months of its launch?
No

should you upgrade now?
only if you will use the PC for less than 12-18 months

If present day config is able to suit your requirements, why wait for those xtra horsepower ? If you're a techie, serious user in multi-threaded apps,video editing,maya etc, you might want to upgrade.. but that's just me.

If the new technology availability date is known, and it is significantly different from current models, its worth a wait if there is no urgent and pressing reason to buy right now.

Should I settle down with the girl I now have, OR wait for a year to see if sumthing better comes up
:hail:

Cheers
Terry

Omg... Is it? I did not know that. :banghead:

Nah, I was just fooling around. Sorry for your head. :bleh:
If the new technology availability date is known, and it is significantly different from current models, its worth a wait if there is no urgent and pressing reason to buy right now.
Too many conditions. Can't process. Force Close. Force reboot.............. Where am I?

Should I settle down with the girl I now have, OR wait for a year to see if sumthing better comes up
:hail:

Cheers
Terry

Ask her the same question.

Back