is it worth buying iPhone 4 now?

NDragger

Disciple
I'm an Android User but would love to explore iOS. can iPhone 4 play HD videos and games? is it better to choose iPhone over Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4. whats the difference between iPhone 4 and 4s apart from the Hardware and what 4s can do and 4 can't. will iPhone 4 be getting any software updates in future. so should i consider buying iPhone 4 OR wait for 4s to be in my budget.

If it is just experiencing the OS, go for the iPod Touch, will be far cheaper and you will get most of the functionality except phone. Let me warn you that DO NOT expect the iOS device to work as your existing android. There might be some simple functions which you might be doing everyday in android and might find them missing in iOS device. That is the way apple is, so it is good to know the shortcomings / features of the OS before you use it.
For example, you might be attaching random files in your android phone when sending emails but in iOS mail client, you might not be able to attach anything except photos and probably videos.

Thanks for replying :)
can you guide me with some links which points major difference between iOS and Android.
i don't feel comfortable carrying two devices :(

Don't go to the differences part because there are lots and it would turn to be a war here.
So i suggest you tell what all you do with your android device and then we can tell you in more detail as what different to expect in iOS.

gaming,music,web browsing and reading ebooks.

Gaming: iOS gaming is definitely superior in my opinion. With an iPod touch you should be able to play almost all games meant for iOS devices. In fact we have a dedicated iOS gaming thread (now very less visited) here on TE.
Also for example, temple run might run superb on a galaxy note, S3 but might not run that good on a low powerled android device but with iOS my experience has been really good for this game say on iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPad 2. Yes the loading times are more on the 3GS but playing is still good. This is just a hypothetical example so if i am wrong somewhere apologies.

Music: iPod / iPhone is known for music so you are good on that front. Just use your own good earphones rather than stock to make your experience even better.

Browsing: Safari in my opinion is a very good browser by itself, i especially like the READER functionality, very pleasing to eyes when a webpage is full of text, rest you have google chrome, dolphin, opera mini etc browsers.

eBooks: Ok now the portable iOS devices like iPod come in max 4" screen so that's what you get max for ebooks (not counting ipad mini and ipad). If you are heavily into reading and your current device is some big ass screen then you might feel the screen of ipod/iphone small.

PS: Please do not consider possibilities and functionality delivered by jailbreak because i am considering you will buy a brand new device which will come with iOS 6 which is limited in terms of jailbreak.

Since Ive been using an android phone ( Galaxy 3, S2 , Htc OneX) and have an Ipod Touch 4 for 2 years now, maybe I can help you out on this matter.
Ipod touch and Iphone 4 have virtually the same hardware (except camera), so basically it has same performance as iphone 4.

Gaming- IOS hands Down. If you dont need a big screen and want latest games with almost no lag and better response, ios > android. Games which used to lag on s2 (a lil) run smooth on ipod touch (due to better IOS development), Plus you can get ahem ahem games more quickly, n just need a single .ipa file, unlike many android games which need data files. IOS wins this.

Music- S2 and Ipod touch have the same music quality, but I liked Ios music player better (personal preference). But putting songs in android are much easier than ios where itunes theory sucks to the core in terms of portability. So its a tie.

Web Browsing- Safari is much better and fluid compared to android's browser, though chrome,opera etc have similar performance,a Tie here too.

Ebooks- Dont use these much but IMO Its a preference of Screen Size vs Quality. Iphone will have sharper text while android phones may have bigger screen.

OVERALL my suggestion will be, If you havent explored IOS yet, Go for Iphone 4, I bought one for my bro last week for 24800 (8gb with bill), Yes, 8gb can be less if you are a hardcore gamer (fifa 13, nfs etc) otherwise for a casual user it is enough.
Ill be buying a note 2 soon, so you cant say I am an apple fan boy, but it surely has some class about it.
You wont go wrong either way, Iphone 4 and a 25k Android, both will be a good buy :)

Good Luck!

I bought one for my bro last week for 24800 (8gb with bill), Yes, 8gb can be less if you are a hardcore gamer (fifa 13, nfs etc) otherwise for a casual user it is enough.
28k for 8GB iPhone 4 in 2013, doesn't make any sense really. Unless you are a FanBoy :no2:
8GB is next to nothing when comes to storage, i am thinking of selling my nexus phone just for the sake of it's limited 16GB storage. But it is solely my opinion so don't take it in that way ;)

28k for 8GB iPhone 4 in 2013, doesn't make any sense really. Unless you are a FanBoy :no2:
8GB is next to nothing when comes to storage, i am thinking of selling my nexus phone just for the sake of it's limited 16GB storage. But it is solely my opinion so don't take it in that way ;)

Its 24.8k and my bro is a casual user, 8 gb is enough for him. For me, heck ill get a 16gb note 2 with a 32gb mmc 3:)

Back