PC Peripherals Is it Reliably safe to power my system from Microtek "Pure" Sinewave Inverter ?

Techie#1

Skilled
I power my system from a APC BackUp UPS 1100 (BR1100CI-IN) > https://www.apc.com/products/resour...ndex.cfm?base_sku=BR1100CI-IN&total_watts=200 (NON Smart model i.e Not a Sinewave UPS) during power cuts/outages.....which in turn is connected to a Microtek Sinewave Inverter (UPS 24x7 - SW1600), [[which the company claims to be PURE Sinewave Inverter cum UPS]] > http://microtekdirect.com/ups_24x7_sw1600.php ,which backups my system during power cuts! (routed through the before mentioned APC UPS which my system is connected to directly)
*The Microtek Sinewave UPS cum Inverter actually powers my whole apartment as it's connected to the mains!

Now,recently I have undergone a FULL system upgrade with more powerful components which require a higher powerdraw including a Active PFC PSU/SMPS ( a Seasonic M12II 850w PSU) which is supposed to work best with Sinewave power input only !

Now the crux of my query here is ...should i disconnect my system/Seasonic Active PFC PSU from the APC Non sinewave UPS & connect it directly to the mains which is connected to the Microtek Sinewave Inverter ?

I really don't know how good, reliable the Microtek Sinewave Inverter is ( though never gave any trouble since a year of its operation & purchase,bought july2012) or more Important how "CLEAN or PURE" the SINEWAVE output from it is in the UPS mode to ensure reliable clean/normal sinewave power to a PSU based on Active PFC like the Seasonic M12II so as to extend the operation life of both my new psu & the system/p.c ?

...so that's the main point of my query ...should I or should i Not run/connect my new pc to the Apc Non smart/no sinewave UPS or rather can i reliably & safely power my system from the Microtek "Pure" Sinewave Inverter in UPS mode during power cuts? // Though sinewave per say ,particular the pure sinewave power as claimed by Microtek is any day better than other power waveforms,...but the reason why i'm stilll NOT directly connecting my system/psu to the microtek sinewave inverter is because i have no idea about the genuineness & reliability of microtek's claims //

All helpful answers from knowledgeable esteemed members here very much solicited ![DOUBLEPOST=1376292836][/DOUBLEPOST]

======================================================================

###..bump...does No one here have any simple idea or advice regarding this?

..does no one here have any Microtek Sinewave Inverter which they use as backup during powercuts/outages & give me the proper idea about the fitness of things as i ask above?

Last edited:
Back