PC Peripherals Is Dell SP2309W worth a buy

bikkhummer

Recruit
I am interested in purchasing Dell SP2309W.

DELL SP2309W 23-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with Integrated 2.0 Megapixel Webcam : Monitors & Monitor Accessories | Dell Canada

Anyone using it? If yes is it worth buying. I want it cause it has a built in webcam and microphones. So if I buy I will have a cleaner table no mess up with an extra webcam and microphone. The monitor has a resolution of 2048 x 1152 higher than Full HD.

I have read mixed reviews about the monitor. Many have said its got a lot of backlit bleeding. But some have said it dose'nt have any. It would be great if you guys can advise me on this purchase.

I am also considering Dell S2409W
Dell S2409W 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

if I do not go with the Dell SP2309W.

If anyone has an experience with Dell SP2309W please guide me.

Also let me know which option would be better Dell S2409W with a separate webcam and microphone or Dell SP2309W

Thanks

Both Monitors are good.

I own a Dell S2409W, only issue is that it lacks ergonomic features such as height adjustment/swivel etc.

Resolution on SP2309W seems to be more than 1920x1080. It has 2 USB ports.

So depends on your usage and budget. I am quite happy with my Dell 2409W.

before buying the 23 incher dell better buy a monster graphics card like 5870 or gtx295 cas you can never get playable frame rates with its native resolution.

as of the s2409 you get an inch exrta and its cheaper and its regular 1920x1080 so you can get playable frame rates with 4870 1g or an gtx 260 c216.

Thanks rajndra, raju.03kumar,Razvan-Sedekiah and shailesh1986 for your replies..I got your point on the graphic card too..But I want to know how is Dell SP2309W as a monitor any major issues with it..like lot of backlit bleeding..howz the webcam and the mic on it..yeah will go with the Dell S2409W if not Dell SP2309..I've also looked at the New Dell ST2410 it seems to be quite good but its not in Black..its black and white..but will consider if don't go for Dell SP2309W..As for Samsung 23 I have read good reviews but don't want to go with it..It would be great if anyone with hands on experience with Dell SP2309W writes..but other suggestions welcome too..thanks

Yes Razvan-Sedekiah HDMI is one of the reason..other than that I am more inclined on going with either Dell SP2309W or Dell S2409W..and the other reasons I've mentioned in my earlier post..

You shud go with either 2560x1600 or 1920x1200 not something in between.

And there is not differenece between HDMI and DVI excepting that HDMI has audio output as well( No FPS difference)

I wud still advise u to spend the extra money on a good webcam.

There are issues with any non-UltraSharp LCDs, but they are minor, not noticable unless you are buying it for extra graphics. If you were going to do only Graphics Design/Animation/3D Modelling and are very particular about Colors, then you should buy the costy UltraSharp LCDs. Else for normal stuff such as daily office work, watching videos/TV or playing games, such low-cost LCDs will do the job.

When I chose S2409W, I read a lot reviews about such color bleeding etc. I read all the reviews on Dell for that monitor and many of the users used it for Graphics/Modelling/Animation and said that they didn't find any issues. Hence I went ahead and bought it.

Read the review comments on Dell website and then go with it. Here is the link to SP2309W reviews DELL SP2309W 23-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with Integrated 2.0 Megapixel Webcam : Monitors & Monitor Accessories | Dell Canada

and S2409W reviews Dell S2409W 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor .

Luckily the reviewers have mentioned their use of the LCD, which helps in deciding.
But I want to know how is Dell SP2309W as a monitor any major issues with it..like lot of backlit bleeding..howz the webcam and the mic on it

rajndra .. that was really helpful .. looks like SP2309W is not a popular monitor with the TEites .. And S2409W is the one .. have to make my choice in the next two days any hands on experience with the SP2309W....??????

Arjit.. at last found someone who owns it .. I have read the reviews but wanted to know hows it .. if you can give a short review about it .. hos the webcam .. any backlit bleeding ..????

Back