Mar 18, 2005
Hi,

I have Been Facing Frequent Disconnection On MTNL Triband, Since Yesterday,

It Disconnects & Reconnects Every 1-2 Minutes, Its Getting Annoying Now:mad:

vishalk

Adept
Mar 15, 2005
hi,

guess the 2 of u can login to ur router and try chaging the dsl modulation from ADSL+2 to G.DMT. If this fails, then i guess the best bet is to call 198 and make an electronic complaint.

Deathbearer

Adept
Mar 18, 2005
vishalk said:
hi,

guess the 2 of u can login to ur router and try chaging the dsl modulation from ADSL+2 to G.DMT. If this fails, then i guess the best bet is to call 198 and make an electronic complaint.

I m using Beetel 450 BXI cant find any setting for G.DMT

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

everything is back to normal now.

cyberwiz

Disciple
May 6, 2011
1-2 minutes is usually a problem with the line being "earthed"..however MTNL does have a policy of auto-disconnection every 6 hrs

nishantgandhi

Disciple
Jun 25, 2008
Even I'm facing the same issue since yesterday. I almost ended up believing it to be my router's fault. Same issue had cropped up last week for a day as well.

vishalk said:
hi,

Can you please explain what will this do? What's G.DMT mode vs. ADSL2+? There's a MIXED mode as well, right? What does that do?

cyberwiz said:
1-2 minutes is usually a problem with the line being "earthed"..however MTNL does have a policy of auto-disconnection every 6 hrs

This is apart from the six-hour auto disconnect policy. Since the last 2 days, I've been facing disconnect every 10-20 minutes.

axeman

Ye Olde Systems Breaker
Skilled
Apr 28, 2009
Asleep 1-4
www.torrentleech.org
IIRC they are upgrading systems to Broadband on Demand. you will be able to choose whatever speed you want to browse at, irrespective of your plan, at nominal charges for a timeframe.

vheezay

Disciple
Jun 10, 2011
Hi,
Even i have been experiencing this problem for the last 2-3 months. Its seems they r laying some new lines - that was the explanation given by a MTNL employee...The net is so pathetic that i have to refresh the page every minute .

kidpikoon

Adept
Jan 1, 2010
ramino.webs.com
You might have a parallel connection problem,

Disconnect all the Phones having that number and see if the problem is solved...

If it is solved u'll have to do re-wiring....

panther

Adept
Nov 17, 2007
Most of the times, it is the problem with the wires, see if there are any cuts and yes parallel line do pose such problem, i had this frustrating problem for a while, got it solved by replacing the wire.

Reactions: 1 person

Emperor

Skilled
Jan 12, 2006
Also RAIN is big factor if your MTNL wire travel through open space from MTNL BOX to your place.

panzer008

Disciple
Nov 28, 2008
Emperor said:
Also RAIN is big factor if your MTNL wire travel through open space from MTNL BOX to your place.
Rain can be a big factor now-a-days...... seems perfect for me....... no problems so far....... am on UL1333......

the 6hr disconnect remains as usual, which u can c in the scrnshot..... but tht is hardly of any trouble while downloading torrents......

fw2is7.jpg

The Sauron

Skilled
Sep 19, 2007
Chandigarh
gamingstill said:
me too facing frequent disconnections :(

SNR values below 10dB as a result of dry joints, parallel telephone, faulty ADSL splitter and sometime router itself can do disconnections. Do a check on those figures in the router admin page.

techno_funky

Adept
Apr 21, 2005
Really fcking tired of this bullsh!t ISP, just really wish I did not live in an area where there are some muthafukas who rule over the cable distribution coz all I am left with is Sify which is 10 times worse then this ISP.

Issues faced since April 11

1- Frequent Disconnections, at least 3-4 times a day.
2- Fluctuating speeds through out the day, absolutely pathetic speeds on
sites like youtube.com

Tried sending a email to their helpdesk

Code:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email]triband.helpdesk@mtnl.net.in[/email]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Probe failed: Too many resources/connections in use for: mtnl.net.in

God damn! Srsly what does this country have to do to have a decent ISP FFS!!

joel.monty

Adept
Feb 19, 2010
I also get frequent disconnections but i don't notice them while surfing and downloading,i notice it while a playing dota on garena ,getting disconnected middle of the game is so annoying ,ruins a game and reputation of the id.

nish_pinto

Voyager.Fpv
Adept
Nov 6, 2008
Mumbai
When it comes to low speeds and frequent disconnections, the first thing I could think of if the Low SNR Margin rate, which if below 6 can cause such problems and give you terribly low speeds at the same time.