Less than 10K iphone se older one still on ios 10.3.3

I would suggest doing thorough research before upgrading the os.

A simple google search brings up numerous issues and slowness with ios updates is a well established issue. Sometimes delibrately done by Apple too.

1619774593759.png

I have iPhone 6S which internally is same as Old iPhone SE. I am using latest iOS 14.5 now. I have no slow downs or any issues with the iOS 14 on my phone. Currently my phone is in its 6th year and going strong (only battery changes done).

My father in law is using old iPhone SE and is on latest iOS too. Absolutely no issues.

I will recommend upgrading iOS.

I have an iPad Air 2 64GB (which was introduced along with the iPhone 6 or 5S), and I've always kept it updated. I've never faced a slowdown as such, though there are some stutters once or twice a day. Nothing serious at all, and I'm amazed it's still receiving updates more than 5 years after launch. Still works incredibly well and even multitasks smoothly (Safari and a PDF reader side by side, with music playing).

Id recommend you should update your iOS device based on the above, plus a friend who owns a 6S+ is sitll happy with it, and refuses to upgrade because it's the last iPhone to have a 3.5mm jack.

Some iOS 11 & 12 versions had slowdown issues but that has been fixed in latest iOS versions. So you don't need to worry about it.
Done the update. Looks rich with nice features but I see battery consumption has increased. Use to last for almost 2 days before..now its down by night. I guess need a battery upgrade.

Done the update. Looks rich with nice features but I see battery consumption has increased. Use to last for almost 2 days before..now its down by night. I guess need a battery upgrade.
Before thinking of battery swap
Do a soft and may be hard reset.
I wouldn't update my se beyond the 13 as it works best on it with great battery and snappy interface.

The only negative change newer updates do so make the phone slower, which you won't notice much as its like less than half a second slowness across stock functions.
But can be noticeable on other app store downloaded apps.

Battery consumption definitely increases but not as much as you are saying so just do a soft reset first and observe for a few charging cycles if its fine then good otherwise do a complete hard rest and start from scratch, long way but would be helpful ultimately I guess

Back