iOS iPhone 6 screen cracked. Replacement costs 24k in damages?

Sobirvs

Skilled
Mar 20, 2013
Chrome
How much does it cost and what does it cover ?

broken screen how fast it is fixed or do they replace the entire device on the spot.
2899 .. only acc damage and liquid damage.... not theft as fr that it needs the device to be 10days old only and mine is 3 months old

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
Sounds good.

As for theft, there is a story i have. Don't know if i mentioned it here. A friend of mine ordered an iphone 6, it was delivered to her office. it got pinched out of her office by some people doing renovation. She never even got to open it. But she had the IMEI number. So apple has a site that allows you to track their devices. She kept checking the site. Then one fine day about four months later it showed up. She contacted the cops, they found the device and returned it her a week later. So she believes iphones can't be stolen.

it changed hands three times before some student picked it up for 22k and had to surrender it.

no bribes paid to the cops who told her to be more careful, this is in bangalore.

I'm interested in this IMEI tracking site apple has. i don't think there is one for android but vendors have similar facilities available. The prolem is they are apps which can be disabled or removed. IMEI tracking isn't available to the public AFAIK only to telcos. Yeah, they are supposed to alert the cops but that's not certain.

rdst_1

Skilled
May 10, 2009
Sounds good.

As for theft, there is a story i have. Don't know if i mentioned it here. A friend of mine ordered an iphone 6, it was delivered to her office. it got pinched out of her office by some people doing renovation. She never even got to open it. But she had the IMEI number. So apple has a site that allows you to track their devices. She kept checking the site. Then one fine day about four months later it showed up. She contacted the cops, they found the device and returned it her a week later. So she believes iphones can't be stolen.

it changed hands three times before some student picked it up for 22k and had to surrender it.

no bribes paid to the cops who told her to be more careful, this is in bangalore.

I'm interested in this IMEI tracking site apple has. i don't think there is one for android but vendors have similar facilities available. The prolem is they are apps which can be disabled or removed. IMEI tracking isn't available to the public AFAIK only to telcos. Yeah, they are supposed to alert the cops but that's not certain.
One of my friends also got back his phone during our college days. His was retrieved by Delhi Police. Although in his case, his dad had some pull with some prominent politicians which allowed him to get an FIR registered. Only when an FIR is registered do the police do the legwork required to retrieve a stolen phone. And that is the reason they never allow an FIR to be registered for a stolen phone. I recently became acquainted with a officer who is in the local Cyber Cell. He has guaranteed to help me with finding my phone if I ever lose one.

SHIKHA BHATIA

Recruit
Jul 31, 2015
Hey guys I broke my iPhone 6 screen from a side. I may travel to Canada in two or three months.Do you think I should wait and get it repaired from Canada since the price is very high in India :( and its just 100$ dr.

sbhas2k

Adept
Feb 28, 2010
Mumbai
Sounds good.

In Android, one can change the IMEI number itself. So it makes it difficult to track or recover if the thief is clever enough

Reactions: ssslayer

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
In Android, one can change the IMEI number itself. So it makes it difficult to track or recover if the thief is clever enough
No need for that, when the device changes hands it becomes the buyers problem.

If it changes hands some more times then the chances of getting caught are close to zero.

praveensammetla

Recruit
Dec 26, 2015
You should have bought it from Aliexpress and replaced through a local guy. Should not have cost more than 4K.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-...lay-Replacement-For-iPhone-6/32251722541.html

Please put on a good quality tempered glass. Should protect the glass for sure.

Hi, I broke my iphon6 screen couple of days back. Was planning to buy this from Aliexpress, can you please suggest any good technician in Gurgaon/Delhi who can help me get the screen replaced.

Really need this info, thanks in advance.

Reactions: dr.sankhadeep

rdst_1

Skilled
May 10, 2009
Hi, I broke my iphon6 screen couple of days back. Was planning to buy this from Aliexpress, can you please suggest any good technician in Gurgaon/Delhi who can help me get the screen replaced.

You can change the screen very easily yourself. It only requires opening and closing a couple of screws and videos are available all over internet.

Sobirvs

Skilled
Mar 20, 2013
Chrome

just in case u r lazy.. justlikenew.in a startup with pickup/drop facility costs are alright..

Jun 16, 2016
I know it's been a year to this question now, but if this helps someone somewhere, may as well still post it. I live in Manchester, I got my screen replaced for 60 pounds (Around 5500INR) and my touch Id still works perfectly fine. If you see the person do it while you are stood there overlooking everything he does, you will realise the whole screen detaches from the main frame with a few other components. The new screen has all those components integrated as the original screen and attaches to the main frame with just one cord which plugs into the setup. Imagine it to be like fitting lego blocks together, or more precisely, fitting very expensive lego blocks together. As long as you're stood there and make sure he doesn't do anything dodgy, you're in the clear.
Hope this helps :)