Iphone 5 or Galaxy s3 or Note 2 ???

Harsheen

Disciple
Is Iphone 5 really a deal breaker or i should go for Galaxy s3. I am also thinking on Note 2. I am not so much attracted by Iphone 5 .....Currently I am using s2 .....Please suggest I really wanna upgrade it or if u have any other suggestion feel free....

iPhone 5 Summary:
-Low resolution display
-Small display
-No NFC
-No standby improvement
-112g= fell like paper phone vainly aluminum

Choose android - go for the winning team!

No NFC should not be a deal breaker as i am yet to see any practical implementation in real world scenario (at least in India). And don't talk about future proof as nothing is. Tech is evolving and this S3 will also be soon outdated mostly by CES next year when probably they will show off S4 or something. So buy what fulfills your needs.
There is nothing like Best Phone and not every phones suits everyone's needs.
@sunny27
A lighter S3 is raved like anything on this forum while a lighter iPhone is bashed. Speechless.

Last edited by a moderator:
My iPhone 4 just got out of contract and I was looking at the iPhone 5, Note 2 and Lumia 920. I think I will go with the Note 2 as I want something with a larger screen and the the stylus/handwriting support is very interesting.

No NFC should not be a deal breaker as i am yet to see any practical implementation in real world scenario (at least in India). And don't talk about future proof as nothing is. Tech is evolving and this S3 will also be soon outdated mostly by CES next year when probably they will show off S4 or something. So buy what fulfills your needs.
There is nothing like Best Phone and not every phones suits everyone's needs.
sunny27
A lighter S3 is raved like anything on this forum while a lighter iPhone is bashed. Speechless.

I do think NFC payment is kind of useless right now, but I have been thinking/reading up on this. I think I have found one way it will be very useful for me. I plan to buy a few NFC stickers and using the NFC Task Launcher+Tasker, set up a few profiles at work, home, car, etc.

1) Profile at work - Silence phone, stop checking for work email, drop personal mail checks to once every 3 hours.
2) Profile in car - Turn off Wi-Fi, turn on bluetooth, sync with car bluetooth adapter, launch music app
3) Profile at home - Turn off work e-mail check after 7:00 PM, set personal mail checks to push, turn off silent mode,
4) Profile next to bed - Silence every thing, turn off all mail checks, turn on 2 morning alarms.

1) Profile at work - Silence phone, stop checking for work email, drop personal mail checks to once every 3 hours.
2) Profile in car - Turn off Wi-Fi, turn on bluetooth, sync with car bluetooth adapter, launch music app
3) Profile at home - Turn off work e-mail check after 7:00 PM, set personal mail checks to push, turn off silent mode,
4) Profile next to bed - Silence every thing, turn off all mail checks, turn on 2 morning alarms.

Except for 2, all other tasks can be done easily by tasker alone without use of NFC tags.

Of course, but holding my phone over an NFC tag and having the profiles being set automatically would be nice.

Lack of NFC is not a deal breaker but I can see some interesting uses for NFC.
The tasks what you listed is exactly what i'm doing with the help of tasker. All profiles were done/triggered automatically by using cell tower context and time context. Only in when you are in car, you need NFC tag and for the same purpose i've bought few NFC tags. But so far i've not experimented with it, as currently i dont have bluetooth supported HU in my car. Also remember the NFC range is < 1 CM :(

unless u r into gaming/picture taking no need to invest in overpriced phones. just get something with gud screen,battery life and decent performance with standard features and do things the way they r supposed to do in very good time frame.

- - - Updated - - -

I simply want a phone that is best nd has all the latest tech .Moreover that should be more gud in looks , performance and specs than S2. The camera shud be the best...
didnt read that. my vote for s3. if comfortable with note size which i'm not go for note 2 as mentioned by abhifusion

I was extremely satisfied with Samsung S2 till the screen died after 15 months w/o any sort of physical abuse or liquid damage. So went for an apple product lets see how things turn out. I hope you understand where I'm going with this.

If you have an S2 then the Note would just be a bigger screened bad-a$$ version of that. Just dive into the SIII; and be king-of-the-ring. Though I should be picking up a Note myself, but I am on a Curve 3G. Ha ha

New Note launched by Samy is a tablet & not a phone, difficult to carrry around. Yes if they bring in a new version of the original Note, that should be interesting. Lets see what the prices of iphone 5 are like in India.

If you absolutely need to have the latest, buy the S3. Note 2 is yet to come to India and iPhone5.. well that will still take time.
When the iPhone5 comes out switch to that...

New Note launched by Samy is a tablet & not a phone, difficult to carrry around. Yes if they bring in a new version of the original Note, that should be interesting. Lets see what the prices of iphone 5 are like in India.

The original note N7000 is still available on retail. What is the issue then.

Back