Iphone 3GS!!

Me and three of my friends are intersted in getting a iphone. My relative is flying down from US this december. So have to told him to get it. Can anyone help me finding out Factory unlocked Iphone 3GS in USA. I googled it but i m finding used phones. Please do send me the links or the place of availability. My realtive is based out in TEXAS. Kindly please help me.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to go in for the factory unlocked iPhones then Apple stores are of no use in the US. They only have locked phones and that too the 8GB versions which are essentially iPhone 3G (old hardware, same body, new name). Your best bet is going through eBay.com and searching for factory unlocked iPhone 3GS. The cheapest you will find there are going for about $650. You could try and dealing with the sellers and asking them for a discount considering you are buying multiple pieces.

Other option is to go in for factory unlocked iPhone 4 from Apple websites other than US. Why? Because you will get a brand new factory unlocked iPhone 4 for about $650 inclusive of VAT and taxes. Apple Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, and UK all sell factory unlocked iPhone 4. Only hiccup there is that it is out of stock all over the world and minimum shipping time is 3 weeks. If you have the time then that could be an option.

Lastly, you could consider going in for a used piece. Some of the pieces on sale on eBay are in awesome condition and will come out to be lot cheaper if you bid right. How do I know all this? Because I just bought myself a used iPhone 3GS 32GB White factory unlocked excellent condition and 4 months warranty remaining off eBay.com for a killer price. :)

Oh and if jailbreaking and unlocking is not an issue, you could go in for a used locked piece for a LOT cheaper and unlock it yourself. Those are the options you have. Make a wise choice. :)

avinash4 said:
Me and three of my friends are intersted in getting a iphone. My relative is flying down from US this december. So have to told him to get it. Can anyone help me finding out Factory unlocked Iphone 3GS in USA. I googled it but i m finding used phones. Please do send me the links or the place of availability. My realtive is based out in TEXAS. Kindly please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Dont buy from US, as they have OS 4.1 loaded AFAIK, and the unlock for the same is nowhere near as of now.

Back