Iomega Prestige Compact 1TB Portable HDD

sydras

Skilled
Got myself an Iomega Prestige Compact 1TB portable (2.5 inch) HDD :D. I purchased it from Computer Shop at Curzon Complex, Brigade Road, Bangalore for Rs 6.4K.

I also saw a Ruby Red coloured Iomega 1TB portable from the eGO Series. But the asking price was 7.4K. The eGO series has 1.3m drop guard protection but the Prestige Compact has 36 inch drop shock protection too. In the end, I decided to get the cheaper model instead as I didn't really see the reason for the 1K difference other than the supposedly sleeker eGO design.

(I saw the 1TB eGO on eBay but I thought it was a fake as I did not find this product on Iomega's website. The website seems to list eGO only upto 500GB. Seems Iomega is really bad at updating their website :no:)

The drive is twice as thick as my Seagate 500GB portable drive and twice as heavy too. It's interesting to have a product with this brushed aluminium look. I especially like the grill provided for air circulation (both my Transcend and my Seagate portable drives do not allow air circulation to the drive). The drive is pre-formatted as NTFS and is mentioned as compatible with a Mac or a PC.

This is my 2nd Iomega product, the 1st being a portable DVD writer. So far, I seem to like their stuff. The drive is assembled in Thailand and further assembled in Taiwan (just FYI in case you cannot see it from the last picture. Also FYI...the eGO is assembled in Korea and further assembled in Taiwan).

Back