IOLnetcom

unitedfever

Disciple
dear friends,
have just shifted to chembur,mumbai.....so out lookin for a new broadband connection.there is Indiaonline(IOL) a new company.it seems they have taken over exattnet.if any of u have IOL plz lemme know if:
1.they use a PPPoE connection?
2.are their plans same as those of exattnet?
3.how is their customer service?
4.is it possible to use file sharing softwares like DC++.are there any hubs which they support?

plz help me out.thanks

Hey man, I just moved to Bandra West and got an IOLnetcom connection. They bought over Exatt, make of that what you will qualitatively.. The tariffs on the Xbroadband site are misleading though! They slap on a 20% 'maintenance charge' every month, and a Rs.1500 installation fee, which can be waived if you take a 6 month connection. All this is prepaid btw..

Just FYI, the sales guy was selling me a ridiculously expensive 512k UL plan (worked out to 10k for 3 months) till I told him to STFU (not in those words though :D) and talk only about the plans on the site..

I just got this connection last Saturday, so not too long to know about customer service yet..

Yup, they use PPPoE, by means of pulling a HUMONGOUSLY long CAT5 cable inside your house.

Dunno about the DC++ hubs, but the connection doesn't seem encumbered in any way. Me and my roomie watch streaming P2P tv quite peacefully, and torrents work out of the box without any port opening jugglery..

So far, so good *fingers crossed*

hi guys,

i was using IOL broadnet since past 3 years and it was working flawless until this year, probably in the month of june when everything for me went wrong. i had a browsing issue where some sites would open, some would open without images and some wouldnt open at all. i call on their customer care which is 67571500, one of the most crapiest place and there i speak to the call center supervisor and blast the daylight out of her for this but to my surprise they kept on playin a blame game btw themselves and the operator mentioning that the operator converter is having an issue and that they need to re-slice the fiber. i finally in october decided to call it a day and left the service and am using reliance wimax which is an awesome service, am using the 400k ul pack for 999+tax and have not yet faced any issues with it. its up all the time, unlike IOL, too many DNS server issues.

yes, it is PPPoE and it sux. there are no DC++ hubs at all.

Back