Inverter setup - Microtek 900 VA + Exide Inva Smart 100 Ah - Feedback

DarkAngel

Skilled
I have gone through few threads here, but still wanted to make sure whether this set up is a good combo and the current pricing.
Microtek 900 VA (Sinewave) ~ 5k - Not sure about the model no. but I guess Microtex is one of the fastest moving brands. Any experience on warranty and how long it lasts?

Dealer quoted 2 options for a 100 Ah.
Exide Inva Plus 100 Ah ~10k (Flat Plate, 24 months warranty)
Exide Inva Smart 100 Ah ~ 9k (Tubular, 36 months warranty)

Planning to opt for the tubular one and the set up would be ~14k + Rs.800 for the case and Rs.800-Rs.1500 for installation depending on the wiring needed. Is this a good deal?

Requirement: Max: 2 Fans + 2 Tubelight + 1 CFL (25W) + Wi-Fi modem (18w) + Cordless phone (18w) + Laptop (40w?) + 42" LG LED TV
TV will be on rarely. Power cut currently is 2-3 times a day with maximum of 2 hrs at a stretch during day time when only Fan + Modem + Cordless will be on.

According to the below link even my peak load will be sustained for ~3 hrs. So I am expecting low load back up for 6-8 hrs. Any thoughts? The dealer is a Exide battery dealer, so other brand batteries might be a no go.
http://www.batterybhai.com/inverter-batteries-details/Inva-Smart-FIM0-MI1000/184/1/2/100/7

Location: Bangalore. Power cut: 3-4 hours now and expected to increase to 6 hrs in May.
Also we get Diesel Generator backup from 6 PM - 10 PM and the dealer said the Inverter will switch off when DG is running which is what I also want and is ideal. Any potential complications due to this?

Any feedback is much appreciated and welcome.

Why not Exide premium sinewave UPS inverter? Seeing that you are buying from an Exide dealer, you can try to get some concession for the combo. And, your headache will be less if something goes wrong.
BTW, the battery capacity should be fine for your requirements I guess. Get a tubular for lesser maintenance. Not really in touch with current market prices, especially at Bangalore, so no comments on that.

Got a Microtek SEBZ 900VA (~5k) - Highly recommended from dealer side. Price was same as listed in site.
Exide invared 350 plus 100mAH for ~9k. (Tubular with 36 months warranty)
No issues till now, using it for a week. Don't event realize the power is off since all regular appliances run as usual (without any buzz thanks to pure sine wave)

This is great. I am a complete noob when it comed to this. I am looking for uninterrupted power backup for my 40" led tv, ps4 and router. Thing is, there is a power backup in my building. But when the power goes off, it takes 15-20 seconds to come back and I end up getting disconnected from online games. Is there a super cheap option for something like this? Just these 3 things.

I have gone through few threads here, but still wanted to make sure whether this set up is a good combo and the current pricing.
Microtek 900 VA (Sinewave) ~ 5k - Not sure about the model no. but I guess Microtex is one of the fastest moving brands. Any experience on warranty and how long it lasts?

Dealer quoted 2 options for a 100 Ah.
Exide Inva Plus 100 Ah ~10k (Flat Plate, 24 months warranty)
Exide Inva Smart 100 Ah ~ 9k (Tubular, 36 months warranty)

Planning to opt for the tubular one and the set up would be ~14k + Rs.800 for the case and Rs.800-Rs.1500 for installation depending on the wiring needed. Is this a good deal?

Requirement: Max: 2 Fans + 2 Tubelight + 1 CFL (25W) + Wi-Fi modem (18w) + Cordless phone (18w) + Laptop (40w?) + 42" LG LED TV
TV will be on rarely. Power cut currently is 2-3 times a day with maximum of 2 hrs at a stretch during day time when only Fan + Modem + Cordless will be on.

According to the below link even my peak load will be sustained for ~3 hrs. So I am expecting low load back up for 6-8 hrs. Any thoughts? The dealer is a Exide battery dealer, so other brand batteries might be a no go.
http://www.batterybhai.com/inverter-batteries-details/Inva-Smart-FIM0-MI1000/184/1/2/100/7

Location: Bangalore. Power cut: 3-4 hours now and expected to increase to 6 hrs in May.
Also we get Diesel Generator backup from 6 PM - 10 PM and the dealer said the Inverter will switch off when DG is running which is what I also want and is ideal. Any potential complications due to this?

Any feedback is much appreciated and welcome.
May be you can opt for 150AH tubular battery. I had this same kind of setup but was also able to power up a 50" LED TV and a 32" LED TV. Seems like the battery prices have gone up now. I think I had bought the exide 150 aH tubular for Rs.10500 three years back. The battery is super good till now and I was able to use it for around 36hrs during the Chennai floods when total power went off all over the city. I was able to get it to work for 36hrs with only one fan being operated and occasionally switching on some LED lights. Since you say that you expect 6hrs powercut the ideal battery would be 150AH though it may cost little more than the 100AH but it would be worth in the long run.

May be you can opt for 150AH tubular battery. I had this same kind of setup but was also able to power up a 50" LED TV and a 32" LED TV. Seems like the battery prices have gone up now. I think I had bought the exide 150 aH tubular for Rs.10500 three years back. The battery is super good till now and I was able to use it for around 36hrs during the Chennai floods when total power went off all over the city. I was able to get it to work for 36hrs with only one fan being operated and occasionally switching on some LED lights. Since you say that you expect 6hrs powercut the ideal battery would be 150AH though it may cost little more than the 100AH but it would be worth in the long run.

Already bought the 100Ah set up.Seems to charge up pretty fast. Thanks for the tips. Will opt for the higher capacity when I replace the battery next time.

This is great. I am a complete noob when it comed to this. I am looking for uninterrupted power backup for my 40" led tv, ps4 and router. Thing is, there is a power backup in my building. But when the power goes off, it takes 15-20 seconds to come back and I end up getting disconnected from online games. Is there a super cheap option for something like this? Just these 3 things.

All three put together shouldn't be more than ~200w-250w.
But there can be other alternatives too like a small UPS(inverter+built in battery) that we used for PC's in the past that cost ~2.5k-3k and gave a back up of ~15-20 minutes. In your situation even that should be sufficient. The APC 600VA ones do support upto 300W-350W and should sustain your load for 5-10 minutes. Calculate your load and then check with the local APC UPS provider. Your requirement doesn't need a dedicated battery+UPS setup.

I have same electric requirement like you, 2 Fans, 4 Tubelight, 1 Laptop, 1 Led LED TV. But i wanted more backup time at least 5-6 hours. So some expert and online store like Batterybhai suggested me go with 150 Ah Battery and 900VA Inverter. This is ideal specification and really, i got more than six hours backup.

Back