Inverter and Voltage Converters

aha_neo

Disciple
Hope you guys can help me
I need to buy a Inverter to power up my devices and a voltage converter as I have lots of devices from US.

The inverter is required to run a PC, PS3, TV ,2 tube lights and 2 FANS.
Please suggest me a configurations that can work for atleast 8-10 hours without power and the source to purchase them from in Mumbai/Thane.

Will the inverter be able to automatically switch on in case of power outage and not switch off the PS3 if its in use?
Also please suggest where I can buy a good voltage converter since I have lots of devices that are from US like PS3 Slim etc.

Assuming an LCD TV, you should require somewhere around a 1.5KVA inverter with (I am guessing this part) 2 150AH batteries for 8 hours backup.

I think you should consult a qualified technician for calculating your power load. Generally, an inverter is only capable of giving about 75% of its rated power as backup. Above that, they go into overload. So while your power requirements might match a certain KVa, you might actually need a higher KVa inverter to avail of full backup. You can get in touch with any one of the major inverter companies such as Luminous or Sukam and they'll send someone over.

As for your second question about uninterrupted power supply, go for one which has UPS (lol) feature and also go for the Sinewave ones and not the normal ones as Sinewaves are better with sensitive electronics.

For voltage converters, there's a company called Guru here in Delhi which makes them quite decent. I have been using a couple for my home theater and xbox for quite some time w/o any issues.

Back