Budget 0-20k Interested in buying Asus FL5800i7

Grandan

Recruit
Hello everyone!

First I would like to say that this is the first time I am posting on this forum, and I am sorry if I am not positing it correctly.
I am interested in buying a new laptop from China and I would like to hear what other people have to say about the model I found out.

I found the Asus FL5800i7 model in a Chinese website, and since I don't know well enough about computer's hardware, I would like to hear what other people has to say about this model.

Here is the website with all the specs:http://oki-dokki.com/product/dtl-tma...706573562.html

In short, these are the specs:

Screen Size: 15.6 Inch (1920x1080
CPU Platform i7-5500U
Card Type GT940 alone significantly 2G
Mechanical hard disk capacity 1TB Sata 4GB DDR3
Brand: Asus
Series: Wandan
Release Year: 2015
Battery: 37WHrs, 2S1P, 2-cell Li-ion Polymer Battery Pack
Ram Memory: 4GB

The main use of the computer will be for work, but I want to buy a good computer that will keep running smoothly even after a couple of years. I also use Photoshop and use the laptop to see movies in high resolution (HD). But it isn't for gaming or anything. I understand that many people will say that I can buy something much cheaper than that, but if I am already buying in China, I think i can afford a better computer.

Also it is very important to me that the battery will last for long. Is the battery in this computer good enough? Is it above or below the standard? (It does say that the Energy efficiency rating is "A")
Battery is: 37WHrs, 2S1P, 2-cell Li-ion Polymer Battery Pack

What do you think about this computer?
I can get it for around 760$, is that worth it?

Also many people did suggest me to buy Lenovo, is there much of a difference?
Asus is also a very famous brand, but should I maybe consider a Lenovo computer?

Thanks in advance for anyone who will help!
It is very important to me to hear what other people have to say about it.

The specs are good.

Asus is a good company.

Display is sharp. Memory is sufficient and processor is fast. It's fast enough to play less demanding 3D games with low-mid settings.

You will be able to use this laptop for at least 4-5 years with photoshop running smoothly (as long as there are no failures).

I have a Sony Vaio from 2010 that still runs great and can run photoshop smoothly, and your computer is at least 6 times faster than my Vaio.

So yes, you can watch 1080p (full HD) movies but the screen size is a bit small for doing justice to the details. It should be running smooth if you take care of it, dont install things you dont need, etc.

Battery may not be too powerful and you may get 2-3 hours on a charge.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your reply!
However I have heard in some forums that Asus is not a good company to buy from without warranty (Since I am buying it in China, there won't be any warranty added), I heard that in Asus computers there are many problems that occur after the first year of use... And I was suggested to search for Lenovo / Dell Laptops instead. is that right? But I am thinking more about Lenovo since this is a Chinese brand that i can defiantly find in a better price over there than Dell.

ASUS is a good brand to buy from - hell, I would recommend ASUS mobos and routers anyday over other brands. I cannot say anything about warranty, but please be sure you are getting what you are purchasing - here in India, they say i3 based laptop - means pentium/celeron dual core laptop :p

Secondly, I bought an ASUS X200LA-34D last year from Amazon. Brilliant laptop, but zero upgradability apart from the HDD and WiFi card - the RAM and CPU are soldered down! Installed a 120GB SSD and will be installing an Intel WiFi card - the Mediatek has some WiFi issues on Windows 10.

First of all, OP do you live in China?
Do you know all about the import/custom taxation and any other applicable shipping charge? Is that a trusted shopping site?
And regarding the warranty, as far as I know Asus has international warranty on laptops but i'm not sure if it will apply to ALL the laptops.
I'm concerned that the hassle it could come with may not be worth the price which you are getting it for (assuming you are paying 20k for the laptop).

Back