CPU/Mobo Intel Warranty - Centre not taking RMA claim

Zeus09

Recruit
I have a office computer with intel i5-10400f.
The cpu has stopped booting. and its a big hassle now.

When I took the CPU for Warranty claim, the guy there has nudged the CPU on its edge, and not refusing to give warranty claim.

What to do?

there has nudged the CPU on its edge
Not sure what this means?

Which center was it? Have you first followed the intel online RMA process? What was the reason given for denial of warranty?

Also this
The cpu has stopped booting. and its a big hassle now.

Have you completed troubleshooting to determine that it is indeed the processor that is at fault?

Have you completed troubleshooting to determine that it is indeed the processor that is at fault?
Yes I have

Not sure what this means?

Which center was it? Have you first followed the intel online RMA process? What was the reason given for denial of warranty?

Also this

Nehru Place Centre.
I took a non damaged CPU there. (It was packed in basic bubble wrap).
I forgot to take the FAN/heatsink with it.
In the time I went down to get the FAN/Heatsink from my car, they have opened the package.

When I returned, they said its damaged from one edge (physical damage) and they cant take it for RMA. My guess is they dropped it while opening the packaging, and are now denying warranty.

I did complete the troubleshooting. tested out the board with another CPU of the same gen, and then tested the 10400f CPU with another motherboard (a friend's setup).

The CPU was faulty, but due the service centre's mis handling, is also now damaged physically.

I sympathize but learn a lesson and never leave your stuff with these people unless you get a receipt for it.
Never expected this to happen. But yes, in hindsight, It was careless of me to leave it with them.

Go and ask for CCTV footage ?
If you want to go down that route...
All customer facing counters have them nowadays.

Given the circumstances and events you described, you're looking at buying a replacement processor..
That is surely one way to go about it, but its seems a little daunting to go through that.
So till trying my luck with Intel customer care for now.

As if they're gonna comply with that request...
That CCTV is for their own protection.

Can't hurt to try but what's the end goal here even if he finds they dropped it? Suing them is gonna cost more than the CPU is worth new.
Agreed. Will try that. Currently putting everything in written with them

Or do you suggest, I just change the whole MB/CPU pair to 11th/12th gen?? (for me its all quite price sensitive)

Last edited by a moderator:
As if they're gonna comply with that request...
Yeah, even if a complaint is filed AND they're legally enforced to comply, they can always say - "Oh, that camera hasn't been working for a while" (or) "Oh, we delete the footage after 24hrs" ...

Best option is trying to getting it fixed from a well reputed technician if possible. How bad is the damage? Could you share a picture?

Yeah, even if a complaint is filed AND they're legally enforced to comply, they can always say - "Oh, that camera hasn't been working for a while" (or) "Oh, we delete the footage after 24hrs" ...

Best option is trying to getting it fixed from a well reputed technician if possible. How bad is the damage? Could you share a picture?
Got through to the Intel team. and they were kind enough to take in the CPU for warranty claim. (A one time exception - according to them)
I am just glad.

If it's 10th gen , and you can afford the upgrade....why not go that route...
Recoup some of the loss be selling off old parts..

Sounds like a good idea. I just got the replacement CPU. It looks like a new boxed unit. just opened to check if everything was there.
Now your idea looks too good to pass. But what to upgrade to? and how much do you think it will cost

I am now planning to use the PC for some basic video editing work I do. Nothing too heavy. but going to use DaVinci Resolve.

Could you suggest a baseline setup to do something like that?? as in what would be a minimum CPU/Mobo/GPU setup reqd. I do have a few M.2s to use there.

Got through to the Intel team. and they were kind enough to take in the CPU for warranty claim. (A one time exception - according to them)
I am just glad.

Sounds like a good idea. I just got the replacement CPU. It looks like a new boxed unit. just opened to check if everything was there.
Now your idea looks too good to pass. But what to upgrade to? and how much do you think it will cost

I am now planning to use the PC for some basic video editing work I do. Nothing too heavy. but going to use DaVinci Resolve.

Could you suggest a baseline setup to do something like that?? as in what would be a minimum CPU/Mobo/GPU setup reqd. I do have a few M.2s to use there.
The upgrade option looked lucrative if the Processor was a loss.

10th gen will still get the job done that you're asking of it.

As long as you don't feel your workflow is getting slowed down due to the system.... I'd keep it.

The upgrade option looked lucrative if the Processor was a loss.

10th gen will still get the job done that you're asking of it.

As long as you don't feel your workflow is getting slowed down due to the system.... I'd keep it.

Agreed
I hope it will work. just getting the setup together again

Will keep the forum posted.

Back