Intel Support - Blown Away!

soulweaver

Nice is Free
Patron
In the continuing saga of my troubles with the MSI X99A SLI Plus, and the Intel i7 5820K, the ray of light has so far been the Intel support response.

The first time the processor failed (or so I thought), I RMAed the processor. I filled in the details in the morning and I had a response within minutes asking for additional details. Having provided that, I was delighted to receive a call in the evening confirming the details I have given and asking me what the problem was.

Once done, they sent a drop-off request, and I sent the processor back to them and two and a half weeks later, there was a spanking new unit waiting for me in the office via courier.

Once again, for some strange reason, the processor seemed to have failed again, and the process stared all over again.

This time too, the response was quick, and I received a call from the front line support (Bhairav) who asked me for a few details, and after having ascertained that I was not a total Noob, transferred the call to the tech team.

I was dreading the conversation, but the person there (Manjunath) seemed to be a guy who was genuinely interested in the problem. We actually discussed my situation and the tests I have done to ascertain if the processor was working.

It wasn't a question and answer session, it was actually a conversation. We were talking about how best to test the processor, how uncommon these processors were in India and how difficult it was to get the 2011-V3 boards and support in general. (we talked about everything from overclocking to watercooling)

He assured me that he would keep me posted with about the test results and try and find a permanent solution to the problem (He also had the MSI X99A SLI Plus) and see what the problem was.

In contrast to the responses of most customer service guys (MSI, Flipkart, Uber, Amazon, PayTM, Chevrolet) this is was so refereshing that it is almost surreal.

Just as we bash everyone for bad service, I thought we should not let stellar service go unnoticed. If there are any intel guys here, I salute you. Thanks for making my day so much better with your support.

Last edited:
In the continuing saga of my troubles with the MSI X99A SLI Plus, and the Intel i7 5820K. The ray of light has so far been the Intel support response.

The first time the processor failed (or so I thought), I RMAed the processor. I filled in the details in the morning and I had a response within minutes asking for additional details. Having provided that, I was delighted to receive a call in the evening confirming the details I have given and asking me what the problem was.

Once done, they sent a drop-off request, and I sent the processor back to them and two and a half weeks later, there was a spanking new unit waiting for me in the office via courier.

Once again, for some strange reason, the processor seemed to have failed again, and the process stared all over again.

This time too, the response was quick, and I received a call from the front line support (Bhairav) who asked me for a few details, and after having ascertained that I was not a total Noob, transferred the call to the tech team.

I was dreading the conversation, but the person there (Manjunath) seemed to be a guy who was genuinely interested in the problem. We actually discussed my situation and the test I have done to ascertain if the processor was working.

I wasn't a question and answer session, it was actually a conversation. We were talking about how best to test the processor, how uncommon these processors were in India and how difficult it was to get the 2011-V3 boards and support in general. (we talked about everything from overclocking to watercooling)

He assured me that he would keep me posted with about the test results and try and find a permanent solution to the problem (He also had the MSI X99A SLI Plus) and see what the problem was.

In contrast to the responses of most customer service guys (MSI, Flipkart, Uber, Amazon, PayTM, Chevrolet) this is was so refereshing that it is almost surreal.

Just as we bash everyone for bad service, I thought we should not let stellar service go unnoticed. If there are any intel guys here, I salute you. Thanks for making my day so much better with your support.

that's great .... one question though did they asked u OR u have to fill in details that 'where u bought the cpu from like india, US or other country.

that's great .... one question though did they asked u OR u have to fill in details that 'where u bought the cpu from like india, US or other country.
Neither actually.

While claiming warranty, I just had to put in the FPO and ATPO numbers. They might additionally ask you to attach the image of the processor. You will also have to put in the serial number of the motherboard.

They will also check the status of your motherboard.

From what I could gather, it seems to me that, the processors come with international warranty. I input the FPO and ATPO number of the processors that I have which I got from UK and it still showed the same warranty details.

I am hoping that answers your questions.

Neither actually.

While claiming warranty, I just had to put in the FPO and ATPO numbers. They might additionally ask you to attach the image of the processor. You will also have to put in the serial number of the motherboard.

From what I could gather, it seems to me that, the processors come with international warranty. I input the FPO and ATPO number of the processors that I have which I got from UK and it still showed the same warranty details.

thats pretty awesome .... thanks for sharing.

Neither actually.

AFAIK, Intel CPU's (not including OEM/ Tray CPU's) come with international warranty

thats pretty awesome .... thanks for sharing.
AFAIK, Intel CPU's (not including OEM/ Tray CPU's) come with international warranty

I have just confirmed that there is no international warranty. The email I have received clearly stated that any processor that has not been purchased in India will be returned.

Here is an excerpt from the email
The unit would be returned to you (at no cost for shipping), if any of the below mentioned situation holds true:

If the processor is purchased outside India.
There is any kind of physical damage on it.
It is not a boxed unit (OEM or Tray).
Processor is found to be working fine (No Defect Found).
If the product violates the warranty process mentioned in the link below
URL: http://www.intel.com/indiawarranty/go

Does it mean that we can buy processor from any part of the world and still Intel honors the warranty in India?
Apparently not. Like I have mentioned in the previous post, the email I have received says the processor will be returned if it was purchased outside India. So no dice yet for international warranty, i suppose.

Not exactly from Intel, but I had problems with my Acer 22' monitor having few red lines at random positions, from their forums I found that it was product defect and thus applied for replacement. Got a call from a representative confirming the same and he scheduled a replacement within a week.
3 days later got a call from service guy from nearby city, he arrived next day with a brand new different model(mine was glossy but the new one was matte finish +speakers) and immediately replaced the monitor.
It is very rare I had even chance for RMA, but I am glad they replaced the product hassle free. Some companies deserve appreciation for the effort they put into customer service and RMA

Not exactly from Intel, but I had problems with my Acer 22' monitor having few red lines at random positions, from their forums I found that it was product defect and thus applied for replacement. Got a call from a representative confirming the same and he scheduled a replacement within a week.
3 days later got a call from service guy from nearby city, he arrived next day with a brand new different model(mine was glossy but the new one was matte finish +speakers) and immediately replaced the monitor.
It is very rare I had even chance for RMA, but I am glad they replaced the product hassle free. Some companies deserve appreciation for the effort they put into customer service and RMA

Agreed... I guess, like corruption, we are so used to bad service, that we almost expect it all the time. It is a pity, that the state of affairs is like what it is!

Back